BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2012 1:34 am  #1

The Fall? Or Not?

You see the things is maybe its just me and maybe I'm going crazy. But right after the fall, their appeared to be an extra in the frame who greatly resembled our good friend Sherlock. I believe when Sherlock went to talk to Molly the pair of them discussed exactly how he planned on faking his death. Why would Molly not been seen after his death? To me if she really cared about Sherlock she would have been there. Or at the very least been shown after his death. Just my theory tell me what you think.

October 16, 2012 4:26 am  #2

Re: The Fall? Or Not?

Skyrunner_7 wrote:

.. right after the fall, their appeared to be an extra in the frame who greatly resembled our good friend Sherlock....

I thought the same during my first viewing! But on a repeat viewing I dismissed this observation...

October 16, 2012 8:40 am  #3

Hi guys,

what about this: the girl was terrified when she saw Sherlock. Why? Because Moriarty had a Sherlock-mask (you know one of those Cobra 11 normally used).
What if Sherlock found it and put it on JM. Yes, he is smaller, but what if you just recognise this fact if you have somebody to compare (there was something about John in "the Hounds of Baskervilles) how tall Sherlock is.
Somehow he throws JM from the roof; John is not allowed to come nearer, so he can't see the fake ("It's true. I'm a fake"). Molly is involved because she is the coroner. She will confirm, that the body is Sherlock's, but in reality it's JM. Did somebody find the body of Moriarty?

What do you think?

October 16, 2012 9:02 am  #4

No, I think the size matters. If not elsewhere, here it does 

But welcome here! 

Last edited by Harriet (October 16, 2012 9:29 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 16, 2012 9:22 am  #5

Hawkeye wrote:

Hi guys,

what about this: the girl was terrified when she saw Sherlock. Why? Because Moriarty had a Sherlock-mask (you know one of those Cobra 11 normally used).
What if Sherlock found it and put it on JM. Yes, he is smaller, but what if you just recognise this fact if you have somebody to compare (there was something about John in "the Hounds of Baskervilles) how tall Sherlock is.
Somehow he throws JM from the roof; John is not allowed to come nearer, so he can't see the fake ("It's true. I'm a fake"). Molly is involved because she is the coroner. She will confirm, that the body is Sherlock's, but in reality it's JM. Did somebody find the body of Moriarty?

What do you think?

No, in my opinion the whole body swap/Sherlock-mask thing is rubbish.

Remember Sherlock at the beginning of TRF when he examined the - over a hundred year old - Henry Fishguard case (obeying John's recommandation of getting himself a "little case")? He said: "Henry Fishguard never committed suicide. Bow street runners missed everything."
"Bow Street Runners" could be replaced by "The TV audience" in the case of Sherlock's "suicide". That means there is something that is basically very obvious and simple - even to someone who watched the episode just once. (Mark Gatiss said something like that recently.) You just have to put one and one together. Unfortunately, the writers are extremely witty, clever and wicked...
Believe me, the solution won't be that "cheap" - a Sherlock mask/ body swap thing would be far beyond their high level of writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 28, 2012 10:03 pm  #6

Ok, I dont have any solid theory, I did however find one thing strange. When we see people rushing in to him, from an overhead view, the position of the body wasnt in a position I would expect from a fall. He's on his side, with one leg pointing from him. Just from a fall I would expect the body to be flat on the back or the stomach, and both legs pointing straight down (as if you're just lying in bed). His position looks like he's been rolled onto the street, so that one leg is chuffed out, therefore stopping the body to fulfill the comlete roll over to the stomach.

I'm not sure about this though. It's basically CSI type stuff, and it might not mean anything at all.

I hope you understand that the knowledge I bring
Puts me in a position of a god or a king
//Clawfinger

December 28, 2012 10:15 pm  #7

I doubt there is one position for all for lying in bed, and also that all people will fall the same way 

German wikipedia says however that most falls from 25 meters height and above end with falling on the head.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 22, 2013 6:12 am  #8

I think Molly was waiting in the morgue to immediate certify Sherlock dead. Since she knows him, she could say she id'd the body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

January 22, 2013 7:59 am  #9

I can see her ID'ing him already Lupin:
'I knew him. He was nice.'

I'd so love for the first shot of sherlock in S3 to be Molly unzipping the body bag to reveal Sherlock's face. The complete mirror of the first time anyone saw him S1 ep1

Last edited by Mnemosyne (January 22, 2013 8:01 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 23, 2013 5:23 am  #10

Mnemosyne wrote:

I can see her ID'ing him already Lupin:
'I knew him. He was nice.'

I'd so love for the first shot of sherlock in S3 to be Molly unzipping the body bag to reveal Sherlock's face. The complete mirror of the first time anyone saw him S1 ep1

And hitting him with a riding crop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

Board footera