BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2013 5:27 pm  #1461

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Yes, that's great. Is it available for MacBook?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 19, 2013 6:11 pm  #1462

It is available for just everything. Go to skinit.com, choose your computer of phone model, upload your graphic - voila, new skin.

January 19, 2013 6:19 pm  #1463

Thanks a lot. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 19, 2013 7:26 pm  #1464

When while watching an episode of Elementary on your laptop, you pause the video every 10 minutes to check the new posts on the Sherlock forum.

January 19, 2013 10:30 pm  #1465

biscuitbear wrote:

When while watching an episode of Elementary on your laptop, you pause the video every 10 minutes to check the new posts on the Sherlock forum.

As long as you don't do that while watching Sherlock....

When you are watching "Tamara Drewe" and there are two teenagers fangirling for a drummer called Ben. And all you can think is: that could be me and my forum-friends.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 19, 2013 10:31 pm  #1466

Who's fangirling? Science, all for the sake of science. 

January 20, 2013 12:05 pm  #1467

… when your son's sitting in front of the computer in his pyjamas and you tell him to dress and he says: "I've got blanket." And you only think: SHERLOCK!

January 20, 2013 12:13 pm  #1468

I guess he said this to make you think that? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 20, 2013 12:14 pm  #1469

No, he didn't. And I preferred not to tell him about my association. To him I must seem mad enough. 

January 20, 2013 12:16 pm  #1470

Oh, I wouldn't say that ... 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 20, 2013 1:09 pm  #1471

Wel, I don't think I'm mad but to others I may appear … a little obsessed. And the blanket was light blue, BTW. 

January 20, 2013 8:28 pm  #1472

...when you make your parents watch Sherlock, while pointing out all of the interesting details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 20, 2013 11:18 pm  #1473

Mell92 wrote:

...when you make your parents watch Sherlock, while pointing out all of the interesting details

I did this and now I sort of regret it because I have created a monster... My mother is now desperate for S3.

Actually, ignore me.
What am I saying?
I regret nothing!
*grabs a shock blanket and shuts up*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 21, 2013 3:21 am  #1474

Soooo....  You know you're obsessed when:
You get a shiny new laptop (yay!) and are going through the beginning setup screens, where you set the language/time zone/create user account.  Then get a chuckle out of creating user name/password, thinking there's no way Sherlock would deduce it and hack his way in, because it's not related to anything personal.   
And then, getting even further amused with associations on the brain, because the little 'icons' you can pick for each user account are pretty limited.  In their infinite wisdom, they let you pick between various animals or sports items or flowers.  Or.  A gingerbread man.  A violin.  A pair of red lips (reminded me of Irene).  Or a lotus.      

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 21, 2013 10:47 am  #1475

Mnemosyne wrote:

Mell92 wrote:

I did this and now I sort of regret it because I have created a monster... My mother is now desperate for S3.

Actually, ignore me.
What am I saying?
I regret nothing!
*grabs a shock blanket and shuts up*

My parents are addicts now  They didn't want to watch it at first, but since there was nothing on the telly, they decided to give it a go.
Now they watch two episodes every weekend. And I supervise them X) "Did you hear that quote? That was a reference to the canon!" 
They don't get the references at all, but they still like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 21, 2013 11:07 am  #1476

Well done, Mell!  A good reason to spend the weekend with one's parents 

January 21, 2013 2:08 pm  #1477

I honestly can't think of a better reason to fraternise with one's parents really.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 21, 2013 4:26 pm  #1478

Yup, it gives me a great excuse to watch Sherlock again ^^

January 21, 2013 7:43 pm  #1479

When I can't get the chase theme out of my head. I sometimes literally hear it in my head all day long.

January 21, 2013 8:02 pm  #1480

I had that, too, but finally got over it - take heart! 

Board footera