BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2013 8:37 am  #181

Re: The weather

Snow forecast for later today, overnight and tomorrow here. Going to have to use our 4x4 to get to the airport in the early hours of tomorrow and hope for no mishaps and delays on the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 18, 2013 2:47 pm  #182

I like the snowman in our garden. My brother and I built it together. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 18, 2013 3:47 pm  #183

Few days ago I ordered "Tamara Drewe" via amazon; want to see more of Roger Allam.
It didn't arrive until now, on amazon it says "estimated delivery 17th of Jan.". Which was yesterday.
Bet they'd blame the snow for it? Winter comes always soooooo surprisingly!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 18, 2013 4:05 pm  #184

Talking of weather - yesterday night (cold, raining, slush) - sitting in a car - I was involved in a little rear-end collision. No severe damage done (though police and rescue service participated). I've got now some problems with my neck - that's why I'm sitting here with a hot spelt grain pillow attached to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 18, 2013 4:16 pm  #185

Oops, get well soon then. Hopefully your neck will be better without needing any therapy.
At least you've got your grain pillow.
Have problems with my neck since yesterday - and exactly ONE day before I forgot my pillow in the micro, so it smelled like burnt popcorn. Had to throw it away. Hadn't time to get a new one, yet.

January 18, 2013 4:27 pm  #186

Mattlocked wrote:

Have problems with my neck since yesterday - and exactly ONE day before I forgot my pillow in the micro, so it smelled like burnt popcorn. Had to throw it away. Hadn't time to get a new one, yet.

I've got two of them. Just come over here...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 18, 2013 5:03 pm  #187

Here there is snow all over the place. It's so lovely!
It's like a white blanket laying on every tree and house. The snow is all flakey and it glitters in the sun or even better, when you're out at night and the snowflakes reflect the streetlights. It's so flakey, that you can take a handfull an throw it up in the air or blow it away like fairydust!
I must sound like a little girl ^^
But the snow also has it's downsides.. I was riding my bike (how stupid!) and fell over... now my butt hurts   XD

January 18, 2013 6:39 pm  #188

Lelli, you sound more like an author of romantic novels. Except for the last part.

January 18, 2013 11:52 pm  #189

why  is it so COLD  out here in CA?  has the earth gone nuts,  weatherwise?   We  had a frost the other night...our planters in my courtyard were caked with ice still  at  9 30 am!!  Now  I have 2  blankets plus a down comforter on my bed.  Can someone send some warmth my way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 19, 2013 10:51 am  #190

Sorry, no warmth here Just layer upon layer of snow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 19, 2013 10:59 am  #191

We're clear at the moment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2013 4:21 pm  #192

Tobe you need to get you neck checked. You are suffering a whiplash injury. Your car insurance should cover you for medical/physio treatment.

It is very sunny here in France today. Suncream a necessity.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 21, 2013 4:01 pm  #193

Snowy here today. Forecast sunny tomorrow but -27 degrees (-32 with windchill). Bit parky then.

January 21, 2013 4:22 pm  #194

Davina wrote:

Tobe you need to get you neck checked. You are suffering a whiplash injury. Your car insurance should cover you for medical/physio treatment.

It is very sunny here in France today. Suncream a necessity. and

Thank you, Davina. My neck is fine meanwhile. The impact had been on a very low speed and the headrest and the safety belt held me in place.
Stay safe on the slopes!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 21, 2013 4:24 pm  #195

*please let the snow be gone, please let it be gone* Looks outside: even more snow than there was yesterday. And I have to drive to school tomorrow That's going to be a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 21, 2013 4:47 pm  #196

STILL no snow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2013 4:52 pm  #197

besleybean wrote:

STILL no snow!

No problem, I'll send you some.

January 21, 2013 9:35 pm  #198

Well I mean it is snowing, in blizzards.
But as the whole place is running with water, nothing is settling.

January 21, 2013 11:51 pm  #199

Snow coming in tonight, something around 6-10 inches, but one TV station I was listening to said a foot. Yucko. It's supposed to be the light fluffy stuff, so it at least won't be too heavy to shovel and use the snow blower on. Following that, we're going back down into the deep freeze, 20F or colder for the next several days.  I was born in this area, but that's the only reason I can figure why we still live here. Sensible people have gone to Florida or Arizona or even Hawaii. And stayed there.

January 22, 2013 8:03 am  #200

Cold, icy but snow is now gone... back to work (boo!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

Board footera