BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2012 4:45 pm  #1

Fan Fiction Links

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 20, 2012 3:09 am  #2

Re: Fan Fiction Links

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6914974/1/Alone_On_the_Water

^ The above link is an stunning Sherlock story, Beware though it may make you cry.

[Sherlock buzzes Van Coon's neighbor]
Eddie's Neighbour: Hello?
Sherlock Holmes: Hi, um, I live in the flat just below you. I don't think we've met!
Eddie's Neighbour: No, well, er, I just moved in.
Sherlock Holmes: [grimaces] Actually, I just locked my keys in my flat!
Eddie's Neighbour: You want me to buzz you in?
Sherlock Holmes: Yeah, and can I use your balcony?
Eddie's Neighbour: What?
[Cuts to Sherlock jumping off of her balcony onto the one below it]

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

I have two awesome signatures. : D

February 21, 2012 2:11 am  #3

A bit of light relief here from internet sensation Hans Von Hozel.

I cannot recommend his writing enough!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 26, 2012 4:47 pm  #4

ProudSherlockian121 wrote:

^ The above link is an stunning Sherlock story, Beware though it may make you cry.

Outstanding writing, but so so sad, as if the whole Fall scenario isn't enough to feel miserable about. Loved it, thanks.

April 8, 2012 7:18 am  #5

Alone On The Water made me have a good cathartic cry and I felt much better afterwards. Mind you, if it actually had happened like that in Sherlock, I would still be crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

April 9, 2012 3:34 pm  #6

Hans Von Hozel is a GENIUS! Ended up reading loads of the others too.

So now we know...Sherlock sit the bed.

No sit Sherlock!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2012 8:41 pm  #7

Davina wrote:

Hans Von Hozel is a GENIUS! Ended up reading loads of the others too.

He never makes me a sadly with his danubing tales making of a learning.

-m0r

April 10, 2012 2:41 am  #8

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2012 1:04 pm  #9

Alone on the Water - made me cry so bloody much...was told to read it with A Thousand Years (Christina Perri) on.. and I was balling like a baby...(Not normally emotional)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 24, 2012 3:43 pm  #10

Alone on the water is too sad. I must be really emotionally invested in the characters to cry that much when I read something and that makes me cry so easily  .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 13, 2012 8:03 am  #11

Tried to read "Alone on the water" but could not continue after having watched "Third Star" only yesterday.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2012 1:27 am  #12

I recently read Alone on the Water.  Very sad, very well written.

Below is a link to Sherlock stories on WWOMB ( = Wonderful World of Make Believe).  There are 42 stories here, many of them slash.  If you're not familiar with WWOMB, it's a huge repository of fanfiction in all sorts of genres, well worth checking out.  But have patience--it can be slow to load.

http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=5395

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 17, 2012 5:49 pm  #13

I'm not sure if anyone knows but Hans Von Hozel has deleted his entire catalogue.

It's a making of a sadly for me

But, I've tried to keep him alive by posting a small tribute to him.

He will be very missed.

-m0r

June 17, 2012 6:04 pm  #14

That's is positively uncanny because I was literally just about to post the same thing!

I am danubed on upset also. 

June 17, 2012 6:07 pm  #15

You typed up my story Davina?

At least we knew the beauty that was Hans first-hand.

I hope he's still around in some capacity.

-m0r

June 17, 2012 6:08 pm  #16

Just read your tribute. So moving and so true. A literary genius deserves such an accolade. I like the  way Sherlock got a mention...of course!

June 27, 2012 8:46 am  #17

I finally managed to read "Alone on the water"  . Beautifully written, but very hard to bear.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2013 12:44 pm  #18

ProudSherlockian121 wrote:

I should NOT have read this at my desk in work. So glad no one can see me crying at my desk like a big girl.

I don't normally indulge in too much fan fic but for this I will make an exception. 

Ok off for another sneaky cry in the loo because I'm meant to be stoic and detached in my work... People will think there is something really wrong and I just don't think I'll be able to explain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

May 27, 2013 8:50 pm  #19

You are right, I just read Alone on the Water and gladly noone can see me now. So sad and well written. 
Not sure actually if I wanted it to be longer or it was just right because otherswise you would not be able to read through it..

May 27, 2013 9:01 pm  #20

It's the saddest fanfic I know. Makes me cry every time I read (which isn't too often for obvious reasons). 

Board footera