BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2013 12:37 am  #421

Re: Post Your Absence

besleybean wrote:

Not me!  
But a favour.
Apparently Lorna(Roman Girl) has disappeared form all social media.
So we're trying to track her down.
Anybody in the fandom know her?
EDIT:  thankfully Lorna is found.  She had been hacked.

I nearly wrote 'Well that's good news'... but caught myself at the last minute because I know being hacked is more than 'a bit not good.' But had to write it anyway otherwise my comment would have seemed insane. What I mean to say, is, it's good to hear she is safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 15, 2013 6:38 am  #422

To be honest, I think the bigger worry was a copyright clamp down!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2013 6:56 am  #423

besleybean wrote:

To be honest, I think the bigger worry was a copyright clamp down!

Yep, she's gonna have a massive problem if they ever take her to task on that! I assume there are people like her all over the various fandoms who just let things fly in the face of the laws huh?
It's all a gamble of catching them on a bad day.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 16, 2013 5:11 pm  #424

I won't be available for the next days - school demands my attention. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 17, 2013 5:21 pm  #425

Sorry for not being online much lately. I'm just really busy with work and life...
But I will try to read through my favorite categories over the weekend

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

January 18, 2013 8:24 am  #426

Welcome back HGF. Just in time for me to say goodbye for a week- maybe. I am to La Belle France tomorrow for a week's skiing. I may get on here if I have time and Internet connection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 18, 2013 8:25 am  #427

Have fun. And don't break a leg. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2013 10:40 am  #428

Well I managed to get on the forum a bit while I was away (managing to capture a little spammy poster) but I am now officially back. No broken limbs thankfully, although one French skier did do his best to hurt me. Fortunately I was wearing a crash helmet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 27, 2013 10:44 am  #429

Good to have you back. We were very well behaved. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2013 1:30 pm  #430

I noticed. Gold stars all round.

January 27, 2013 10:47 pm  #431

We don't get candy for being good? Just a sticker?
Welcome back, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

February 3, 2013 1:57 pm  #432

Been off-line for a couple of days because our broadband (and telephone) crashed...again! Back up and running now but who knows for how long ...?

Last edited by Davina (February 3, 2013 1:58 pm)

February 4, 2013 7:36 am  #433

Davina wrote:

Been off-line for a couple of days because our broadband (and telephone) crashed...again! Back up and running now but who knows for how long ...?

Ours went off for half an hour yesterday... HALF AN HOUR... I was going cold turkey, withdrawl symptoms and everything. In the end we had to get someone to come out and fix it.

You have a patience of a saint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 4, 2013 11:19 am  #434

Hmm...Saint Davina. It has a certain ring to it.

February 4, 2013 11:53 am  #435

"You know you are obsessed with Sherlock when...." 

Since friday we have a much quicker internet in the office. So finally more for me to look at in my short, short breaks.... 
Probably they did it just for me....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 4, 2013 5:37 pm  #436

Mattlocked wrote:

Since friday we have a much quicker internet in the office. So finally more for me to look at in my short, short breaks....
Probably they did it just for me....

Aren't they nice people? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 27, 2013 10:20 pm  #437

I'll be away until Saturday. Don't do anything I wouldn't do 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 27, 2013 10:22 pm  #438

Ok, that should not be too difficult. See you Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 27, 2013 10:23 pm  #439

Of course not. We'll behave in a reasonable and dignified way. As always. 

February 27, 2013 10:26 pm  #440

Oh - nobody will cross-post with me till then...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera