BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2013 11:47 am  #21

Re: which characters r theists & which r atheist?

I have a bible, too. As I don't own that big well organized bookshelf, I just don't know where right now.
Think I got it as a present decades ago. And for a while I found it interesting reading the stories. That's all.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 13, 2013 11:47 am  #22

tobeornot221b wrote:

Just an observation that will tell us nothing after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 13, 2013 12:18 pm  #23

Don't forget that Sherlock's schooling would have seen him doing compulsory religion lessons; so he's not a stranger to the biblical tales etc. And it is a reference book after all, why wouldn't he have one?

I've seen a lot of hotel rooms with bibles in them - trust me, it means nothing! lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2013 12:34 pm  #24

I'm still going with the cultist theory myself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2013 1:59 pm  #25

That's the Gideon Bibles- in the hotel rooms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2013 2:01 pm  #26

Oh I don't care who left it there, just don't think they get used very often. Geez that guy does a lot of travel huh?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2013 2:43 pm  #27

It looks much nicer than a crappy Gideons thing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2013 6:01 am  #28

besleybean wrote:

It looks much nicer than a crappy Gideons thing...

**Members are reminded to not call others by nasty names like 'crappy' and 'thing'. I am not sure which member Gideon is, but if he chooses to leave his bible laying around willy nilly, that is hardly a reason to let fly at them about their looks.**

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 14, 2013 5:40 pm  #29

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera