BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2013 8:18 pm  #61

Re: whats your favourite part of this episode??

kazza474 wrote:

..................................YES Sherlock IS very manipulative & a cold calculating machine . Have you conveniently forgotten the delaying of rescuing the old woman just so he could get a step ahead of the bomber? His lines " does caring save people?" etc etc.

I really doubt he would do that if that woman was Mrs. Hudson

And experimenting on John is different also. There he has almost full control over the situation

And why did he care to say, "People have died."  (Yes, may be a calculated one just to assess how Jim's mind is working).

At this stage they have only known each other 3 months. Yet you expect us to believe a man like Sherlock has formed a 'depth of loyalty and love" ?????

IMHO, over this short period of time, Sherlock has got ample evidences to realize how a great a friend John is.

January 10, 2013 8:28 pm  #62

besleybean wrote:

...................................................................................................
But boy did Moriarty hit the jackpot,  The heart line to me is a definite reference of Moriarty realising John was the key for Sherlock.
Moriarty learnt and boy was he gonna remember and use that weakness against Sherlock in future.

Didn't Moriarty realise, Mrs Hudson and Lestrade were too key persons for Sherlock?

Last edited by holmes23 (January 10, 2013 8:30 pm)

January 10, 2013 8:52 pm  #63

Using those 2 as well, was the only ways Moriarty could up the ante for Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2013 1:47 pm  #64

Which implies that to Moriarty's mind any one of these on their own would not necessarily be exerting enough pressure on Sherlock. Yes, he is certainly upping the ante!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2013 2:21 pm  #65

why didn´t Moriarty choose Mycroft instead of Lestrade? you know, beside all of the "siblings rivalry" Mycroft is still Sherlock brother..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 11, 2013 2:23 pm  #66

and for the topic - I like Sherlock appreciating Martin giving orders to that young soldier at the army base.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 11, 2013 5:12 pm  #67

I think Sherlock thinks it's quite funny!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2013 5:51 pm  #68

for sure. I think Sherlock makes fun of a lot of things, especially of "normality"

January 11, 2013 7:53 pm  #69

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

why didn´t Moriarty choose Mycroft instead of Lestrade? you know, beside all of the "siblings rivalry" Mycroft is still Sherlock brother..

And still he's his arch-enemy.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 11, 2013 7:57 pm  #70

true :-) but someone like Moriarty could have easily found out how it really was with the Holmes brothers feelings for each other...or?

January 11, 2013 7:58 pm  #71

And what do you think are the real feelings?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 11, 2013 8:11 pm  #72

think they love each other, like as it is natural between brothers. of course there is a lot of egoism and proud, maybe some traumas from the childhood which lead to a kind of sociopathy (different in Sherlock´s and Mycroft´s personality). maybe some adolescent quarrels left, but finally I think it is only childish acting and they both know it very well

January 11, 2013 9:10 pm  #73

It all hangs upon what story they have sold to Moriarty doesn't it. When Mycroft divulges all that information about Sherlock doubtless it was also wrapped up in some kind of sibling rivallry/dislike/hatred. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2013 9:16 pm  #74

it seems to me that Mycroft just became a victim of Moriarty´s tricky play and didn´t have any idea what it would mean for Sherlock. This part /Mycroft telling Moriarty everything/ still remains a little mystery for me to understand

January 11, 2013 9:27 pm  #75

Mycroft is an equal or higher to Sherlock in intelligence. I wouldn't be thinking that Mycroft was forced to tell anything to Moriarty that he didn't want Moriarty to believe.
In other words, he would have given Moriarty a good 'story' to whet his appetite.

Now the supposed lack of loyalty to Sherlock that his brother has shown would have been enough for Moriarty to decide that using Mycroft as a pawn would have little effect on Sherlock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 11, 2013 9:36 pm  #76

so you think that Mycroft knew exactly what he was doing, telling Moriarty all the things? he has to know that his brother is alive then..but if he knew all those things, why would he ask John to look after Sherlock? eh, I´m getting to my own traps now, better go to bed 

January 11, 2013 9:37 pm  #77

Remember Mycroft broke his Action man :/
This is an acceptable reason never to speak to him again. Moriarty knows that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 11, 2013 9:40 pm  #78

don´t believe small Sherlock to play with Action man, but it is a good reason, though 

January 11, 2013 9:50 pm  #79

And then he avenged himself by puncturing Mycrofts Umbrella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 11, 2013 9:55 pm  #80

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

so you think that Mycroft knew exactly what he was doing, telling Moriarty all the things? he has to know that his brother is alive then..but if he knew all those things, why would he ask John to look after Sherlock? eh, I´m getting to my own traps now, better go to bed 

Mycroft deals with spies etc as an everyday job. Do you really think he would 'spill his guts' so easily?
As for John, Mycroft was sending a subtle warning that things were about to get nasty; I suppose hoping to soften the blow.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera