BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2013 11:26 pm  #1

Lucy Lui struts the traditional Sherlock Holmes look

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 8, 2013 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Lucy Lui struts the traditional Sherlock Holmes look

I don't think it looks too bad... but again my taste of style isn't the best so... well... anyway...

When I read the title i assumed the worst like her walking around with deerstalker and a pipe or something...

And then the text titled with "a sexy Sherlock Holmes" I thought "Do I really want to see this?

Quote from the text:
Lucy is certainly easier on the eye than the previous incumbents of the Watson role.

That's not true! I could stare at Martin for ages! If he isn't easy on the eye, I don't know what!

January 8, 2013 6:24 pm  #3

And what about Jude Law for goodness sake? He is frankly gorgeous.  I will concede that she is the best looking female incumbent of the role of Watson...oh...wait a minute...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 8, 2013 11:28 pm  #4

Well (Sherli whispers to the whole board), it IS the Daily Mail...   

And, ya know, I'm not fond of that look with a slinky dress that just barely reaches the top of shiny boots.  (Not that I'm being catty or anything...  )

But, oh!  I keep reading and look what else they wrote: The American version pale in comparison next to Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's adventures...   Got that right  !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 9, 2013 7:33 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

And what about Jude Law for goodness sake? He is frankly gorgeous.  I will concede that she is the best looking female incumbent of the role of Watson...oh...wait a minute...

Totally agree! Jude Law looks so good with a moustache! There's nothing petter, than an attractive man with a good moustache ;P

January 10, 2013 9:01 pm  #6

Lucy is certainly easier on the eye than the previous incumbents of the Watson role.

They should better not insult Martin Freeman. He won a BAFTA. Take that, Lucy Liu!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 10, 2013 9:04 pm  #7

Well said. And I miss their chemistry so much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 10, 2013 9:09 pm  #8

Yeah, absolutely no chemistry. If you're going to take a woman for the role of Dr. Watson, then do it! Give us a chemistry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera