BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2012 9:37 am  #1

When Sherlock and John bump into each other

When they bump into each other on the street it always makes me laugh the way they just accept that one another are there, not like "oh my God what are you doing here?" Because really neither of them would have known to expect each other there because they were both investigating different strands of the case which hadn't been connected together yet.

Sorry to make all these random posts but I'm on my way down to London for this Sherlock meet up and I'm watching all the episodes back to back on my iPod - having fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2012 10:26 am  #2

Re: When Sherlock and John bump into each other

Yes Sherlock was quite shocked to see John there I think.
And then of course there was the classic Sherlock trying to deduce where in the street Van Coon went; while John was trying to tell him he knew all along.
hehe

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 10:32 am  #3

Yeah, he looks all confused and says "how can you tell?" Like he's amazed that John could possibly make a deduction that he's not picked up on. Good bit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2012 11:21 am  #4

It also clarifies Moriarty's later point that Sherlock always expects things to be clever, sometimes they aren't.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 21, 2012 11:22 am  #5

Oh have fun by the way at the meeting. I hope you've got your Mycroft brolly with you!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 7:49 am  #6

It's like Sherlock couldn't believe that it was possible someone (Lukis) could have written it down and there was no need to be clever at all. The expression on his face was priceless.

June 19, 2012 6:20 am  #7

yeah  this scene was interesting.   I  don't think Sherlock expected John to be there at all,  but I think he WAS  glad that john figured out something  before he did it.  way  to go, john!!   "that shop...there."   John  points to the shop.   I  LOVED  it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 19, 2012 6:38 am  #8

But then that's lovers destiny isn't it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 11:51 am  #9

kazza474 wrote:

But then that's lovers destiny isn't it?

Oooh Kazza!  I can't believe you just said that about "lovers destiny".  Are you being funny? If so, I'm loving it!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 19, 2012 11:56 am  #10

no would I joke about that? We must have more romance, tender moments and long loving looks in the next series.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 1:40 pm  #11

June 19, 2012 5:40 pm  #12

Oh,  please,!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 23, 2012 3:19 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 5, 2012 7:25 pm  #13

Just to say I was at this spot on Tuesday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2013 7:55 pm  #14

Come on...! Stop the Johnlock fangirling...!

I love that scene too, because when they bump into each other I'm always like "What the...?" and they just talk as if nothing happened. As if that was a normal situation. Lol :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 9, 2013 8:25 pm  #15

Well it is kinda normal for them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2013 9:01 pm  #16

The scene reminds me of the Grimm's tale "The hare and the hedgehog". Each time the hare arrived, the hedgehog said, "I'm already there!"
(http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm187.html)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera