BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2012 5:48 pm  #41

Re: Sherlock's pants

You mean he goes commando...now that's a thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 5:52 pm  #42

I doubt it, or it makes John's palace comment less funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 9:00 pm  #43

I just realized this topic is in the "Character analysis" category. Alright.
This would appear really weird to anybody out of the fandom. 

October 30, 2012 9:08 pm  #44

Seems a tad weird to me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 9:35 pm  #45

I'd like to move it, move it..but I can't! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 31, 2012 12:39 pm  #46

Well, there wasn't an 'analysis of character's pants' thread, so I dropped it here.  I imagine Sherlock could divine one's whole history from undergarment choices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 31, 2012 5:36 pm  #47

Tho can't imagine why he would want to!

October 31, 2012 6:19 pm  #48

BTW, does he have an underwear index?

October 31, 2012 6:21 pm  #49

Veecee, I volunteer to provide him with one!

October 31, 2012 6:31 pm  #50

Naughty girl! You're not his housekeeper!

October 31, 2012 6:52 pm  #51

I think I'm going to move this to General Discussion. except it won't let me. So Sherlock's pants will just have to stay put! 

Last edited by Davina (October 31, 2012 6:55 pm)

October 31, 2012 7:04 pm  #52

December 18, 2012 7:10 pm  #53

Pitagor and I watched the unaired pilot together with a friend we are trying to sherlock
In the scene when Shelrock is drugged and they're in 221b and Sherlock is on the floor struggling to get up you see a short flash of his pants.
They're grey!

We immediately shouted "grey!" and our freind thought we're insane... We probably are... so... there...

Still... so much differs form the series in the pilot, so maybe he now wears other pants...

MK

December 20, 2012 6:40 am  #54

Lelli wrote:

Pitagor and I watched the unaired pilot together with a friend we are trying to sherlock
In the scene when Shelrock is drugged and they're in 221b and Sherlock is on the floor struggling to get up you see a short flash of his pants.
They're grey!

We immediately shouted "grey!" and our freind thought we're insane... We probably are... so... there...

Still... so much differs form the series in the pilot, so maybe he now wears other pants...

MK

I'm giggling to myself at 6:30am due solely to... pants... Yeah. #immaturitylastsforever.

NW16XE: Nice reference Maybe not their entire history but most certainly their sexual orientation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 8, 2013 6:12 pm  #55

In general: Actors have to dress up for their roles... but do they also get special character-fitting underwear? Can't they keep on their own pants?
I mean... Aren't Sherlock's pants just Batchie's pants?
In that case I think the purple silk boxers would be slightly less likely...

January 9, 2013 1:11 am  #56

Lelli wrote:

In general: Actors have to dress up for their roles... but do they also get special character-fitting underwear? Can't they keep on their own pants?
I mean... Aren't Sherlock's pants just Batchie's pants?
In that case I think the purple silk boxers would be slightly less likely...

You would be surprised...

I know actors that quite literally have 'lucky pants' that they will wear on opening nights and get jittery if they can't wear them!

Blissfully I'm not that superstitious.

It really depends on the role. If they are going to be getting their kit off (or if it is otherwise integral to the plot/scene) then yes they will likely have some special arrangements for underwear but otherwise I think so long as it doesn't show on camera it's pretty much up to them. Occasionally you'll get someone from wardrobe appraising your choices for suitability but that's about it.

This is the actors own underwear in this case. Although it would not surprise me at all if some serious thought was put into it 

Last edited by Mnemosyne (January 9, 2013 1:13 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2013 12:00 pm  #57

Actors, sportsmen/women such a superstitious bunch.

January 9, 2013 1:29 pm  #58

Davina wrote:

Actors, sportsmen/women such a superstitious bunch.

I do adhere to the whole 'don't wish me luck' thing... although I get equally nervous when everyone I hold dear starts wishing I'd 'break a leg'.  It feels a little like you've angered the mob or something.

I did actually see someone break their leg on stage once, I think he took their advice rather too literally! He was rushed to hospital and actually appeared on stage in a full leg cast in time to take a bow at the end. What an absolute trooper 

January 9, 2013 1:45 pm  #59

The show must go on luvvy!  The Germans have a little phrase about breaking neck and leg too. Sort of reverse magic spell thingies.

January 9, 2013 5:26 pm  #60

Those are things that would out me off the theatre world...stupid superstitions and rituals.

Board footera