BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2012 6:37 am  #1

Happy St. George's Day!

Today, 23rd April, is St. George's Day. St. George is the Patron Saint of England. His flag is a white ground with a red cross, which can be seen within the Union Flag a.k.a. Union Jack.

HAPPY ST. GEORGE's DAY EVERBODY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 23, 2012 7:37 am  #2

Re: Happy St. George's Day!

Happy St. Georges day! My village is named after saint Georges!! =) =) =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 23, 2012 8:13 am  #3

Yay. Happy St George's. It's not really celebrated very much though is it? Not like St Patricks Day.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 23, 2012 9:32 am  #4

Happy St George's Day.. Only time I have celebrated it is when was on holiday in Norfolk and we all dressed up as British Icons...that was curious to say the least..some people dressed as Captain Jack Harkness (He is American - you fools *shakes fist*)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 23, 2012 9:37 am  #5

Anthea_MI6 wrote:

..some people dressed as Captain Jack Harkness

*face palm*

April 23, 2012 9:45 am  #6

I know - I was quite anal about it and explained to them that Jack was American etc..I got some filthy looks.. I don't care - I like correcting people when it comes to things like that (Sorry - I sound like an arse)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 23, 2012 12:45 pm  #7

John Barrowman is Glaswegian, his fictional character 'Jack Harkness' is from the Boeshane Peninsula and the original fictional Jack Harkness (whose name he stole) was an American officer. The fiction itself is Steven Moffat's - so at a stretch he could be called a British Icon.

I rocked the RAF overcoat look back in 95', needless to say after 2005 I could no longer wear it - damn you Moffat (You've made up for it multiple times though!!)

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 24, 2012 5:42 am  #8

He is a Scot indeed. Have you ever heard him speak in his 'proper' Scottish accent? A bit bizarre really. Shame about the great coat m0r. They look so 'cool'. Maybe you could combine it with a blue scarf a la Sherlock and make it into a kind of fusion Wholock garb.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2012 8:22 am  #9

Definitely. Torchlock!

Board footera