BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2013 10:51 pm  #1

Moriarty in this episode.

Moriarty is in the final scene of this episode and I understand how is links to the next episode but I don't understand if this has connection with the Baskerville episode. Is this the only episode that has nothing to do with Moriarty? I always thought it was but I read somebody writting that he was involved in all the episodes...I'm second guessing myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Freeman is adorable!

January 6, 2013 10:59 pm  #2

Re: Moriarty in this episode.

About the final scene there must be some topic here already...
He also appears in Hounds as Sherlock's hallucination, being drugged in Dewer's Hollow.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 7, 2013 12:33 am  #3

i could not find any post about. Well he APPEARS as Sherlock's hallucination but what I'm saying is that in this episode he's not behind this case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2013 1:37 am  #4

Estela wrote:

Moriarty is in the final scene of this episode and I understand how is links to the next episode but I don't understand if this has connection with the Baskerville episode. Is this the only episode that has nothing to do with Moriarty? I always thought it was but I read somebody writting that he was involved in all the episodes...I'm second guessing myself.

I think they must have just been referring to Moriarty's appearances in the episode - he can't have had anything to do with the crime.  To me, that's what would reassure Lestrade that Sherlock is innocent.  Lestrade was there, and there is no way either Sherlock or Moriarty could have rigged it.  It goes back too far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

January 7, 2013 4:36 pm  #5

Yes, that's what I thought. I had read somewhere somebody saying that Moriarty was definitely  involved in all episodes and I could not find a way that he was involved in this one. Lestrade KNOWS Sherlock is innocent. Everybody knows. Only Jealous-Donovan would think that he's fake.

Board footera