BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2013 8:04 pm  #1

Encouragement

There are moments or days when you feel totally unhappy with your looks. During these moments you need photos like these.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-beauty/pictures/stars-without-makeup-20122410/26871

Stars without Make-up, I can't see enough of them, because that's the reality!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 3, 2013 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Encouragement

I've missed the boys here - were they too cowardly to present themselves without their make-up?
Hooray for the brave ladies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 3, 2013 8:49 pm  #3

I must say I haven't seen so many celebrity men that looked totally different when they were in "private" instead of a red carpet.

The horrible thing is these make up photos is what little teenage girls see and not the ones without make up. And that becomes their goal. I'd like a 12x10 metre poster of celebrity women "au naturel" at every street corner.

And some man should see them too, just to get back to reality and to be thankful for the girlfriend/wife that is sittung next to them on the sofa. 

----------

January 4, 2013 12:02 am  #4

I arrived at pic 28 so far and for quite a lot of them I'd prefer the natural look. IMO they look better that way. Anyone agrees?

Although for some of them (no names!) I wondered if their pic on the left has been photoshopped "backwards" somehow...  My my....

And the face expressions are also different, to make them look even worse without makeup.

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 4, 2013 12:06 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2013 12:39 am  #5

Mattlocked wrote:

And the face expressions are also different, to make them look even worse without makeup.

That is perhaps my biggest take-away from this. I need to remember to keep a pleasant expression on my face. I need not force a smile when I'm down, but no need to look grumpy when I'm not!

January 4, 2013 2:24 am  #6

Yeah, you have to take in the hair and expression and stuff. Plus, some of these stars are quite young, so they would look good without makeup. And, I agree that some of the older ones also actually do look good without makeup. It's refreshing, either way, not to have to compare myself to a Victoria Secret model.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 4, 2013 10:31 am  #7

Some look really good without make up, but they look normal, not OMG! So that's good to know for "normal" people like us, who have normal things to do.

No one looks like a Vogue cover (apart from the fact that these are usually edited ) at 5 a.m. in the morning.That's the message that should be spread! Because obviously not everybody knows that.

But I find it funny that woman like Goldie Hawn, when asked why they still look so young always answer "I drink a lot of water and do sports" or "good genes" and then you see that kind of photos.

----------

January 4, 2013 10:46 am  #8

Goldie Hawn's definitely the worst. But for example Gisele Bündchen's natural look is much nicer.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2013 11:09 am  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

I've missed the boys here - were they too cowardly to present themselves without their make-up?

As far as I know George Clooney is the ONLY male actor who goes without make-up. Happy to be corrected on this?

January 4, 2013 5:32 pm  #10

No you're right Clooney does go makeup free. And I don't really know of any others who do. I mean, men do need it too. I remember when HD was first getting to be the new technology for film. Actors were supposed to look "real" instead of glossy looking and I saw Wallstreet:Money Never Sleeps and thought Shia Labeouf looked awful, you could see pores and stuff on his face. I'm used to it now.

And, I agree Goldie does look pretty bad, but it's nice to see them in their natural element. Yes, there will always be freaks of nature like Giselle who look amazing naturally, but it makes mere mortals like myself feel better seeing that the stars also need help making the magic. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 4, 2013 6:17 pm  #11

Somewhere I read that Clooney admitted he had been "under the knife", his eyes have been made because he wants to look "awake".
And I saw some pics of male actors recently without and with makeup. Some of them look pale, like having a hangover or have a lot of spots in there face / irregular skin, which they hide under makeup at official occasions.
I just don't find that page again. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera