BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2012 7:31 pm  #21

Re: fanfic idea: molecular gastronomy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 30, 2012 7:26 pm  #22

It took quite a while, but now the story is finally finished. I uploaded it on my Fanfiction.net account:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8853079/1/Molecular-Gastronomy
It has six chapters and I hope they're all worth reading.
Warning: The story is definitely Johnlock slash. It's rather cute and funny with nothing explicit, but if anyone has a problem with something like that in general, better go and read something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 30, 2012 7:34 pm  #23

Six chapters? That's brilliant. It will go straight to my Kindle. 

Yesterday I spontaneously started something about Sherlock's previous attempts at finding a flatmate as discussed in the John-Sherlock-thread by Mnemosyne. I'll keep you up to date.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2012 9:14 pm  #24

SusiGo wrote:

Yesterday I spontaneously started something about Sherlock's previous attempts at finding a flatmate as discussed in the John-Sherlock-thread by Mnemosyne. I'll keep you up to date.

Yes, please, I imagine that could be very funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 30, 2012 9:17 pm  #25

You know what, QE? Just today I was about to ask how things are going - now you're done already! 

First of all, congrats for finishing! How exciting! 

(Need to read now - no, need to type my ideas about Susi's fic - no, need to read this first - no, .... )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2012 9:22 pm  #26

Go on, Harriet, read QE's first and have a laugh. I'll need this, too, after this evening's tragic "Tatort".

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2012 10:05 pm  #27

QE, I'm a slow reader, but this seems a wonderful funny story - I laughed a lot already and haven't even finished chapter 1 yet 
Great job so far, really! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 31, 2012 10:59 am  #28

Finished with it now. What a treat!    I loved it 

December 31, 2012 12:11 pm  #29

Oh, that was great, QE! I could just picture the kitchens turning into battlefields. I'm sure they reminded John of Afghanistan. And the end - so lovely with the rose leaves and … no spoilers! 

December 31, 2012 12:18 pm  #30

yea, the spoilers, hard to avoid, this issue - but all this fluffy stuff still very Sherlock-like, LOL

December 31, 2012 8:24 pm  #31

Thank you very much for reading, you two, and Harriet, for putting it in the rec threads ... What should I say ... I'm flattered.
It was fun to write. Causing destruction and chaos, and then the fluff ...

December 31, 2012 11:57 pm  #32

That. Was. Amazing.
Clever, funny and heart-warming.
Sherlock - the master of disaster. John - the embodiment of patience.
The perfect match...
Do not even dare to stop writing, QE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 1, 2013 3:57 am  #33

Bravo QE!  You really, really pulled that "better cooking through chemistry" piece off! It was a wild and crazy romp.  I loved all the energy and humor. The zany pace and plot made me think of an "I Love Lucy" episode. (OMG....what stunt is he going to pull next?)   Also loved that you got that romantic bunson burner in there too. And when Mrs. Hudson yelled, "Sherlock, what have you done to my kitchen!", I howled!!!

Great job.  Memo to QE... your New Year's resolution...write more stories! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 1, 2013 12:09 pm  #34

Yea, that was one thing that impressed me very much as well - how you dealt with the molecular cuisine issue, and made it so convincing while skipping the tricky details in such a smart way ("I know that already, go on - ") That made me laugh from a meta perspective as well 

January 1, 2013 12:36 pm  #35

Thank you. Well, I'm not going to stop writing stuff like that in the near future. Sherlock is too inspiring, and writing fan fiction is an interesting experience I had not tried before.

Concerning the cuisine part - a whole course about molecular cooking would have been rather dull to read, I thought, so I decided not to go into too much detail. The research was still quite a lot of work, though, but also very interesting.

January 1, 2013 1:01 pm  #36

I can imagine it must have been a lot of research. I think you made a great combination of both sharing and skipping 

Board footera