BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2012 7:33 pm  #401

Re: Post Your Absence

I'm back, so did you all have a great Christmas?

Hope I didn't miss too much?
Don't really want to root through all the threads to check... too busy getting ready for New Year's party :-)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

December 30, 2012 8:14 pm  #402

hypergreenfrog wrote:

I'm back, so did you all have a great Christmas?

Hope I didn't miss too much?
Don't really want to root through all the threads to check... too busy getting ready for New Year's party :-)

Lucky thing, hope you have a great time.

Christmas this year was good, thank you for asking.

No mad parties for me; just my close family and a meal at my parents house. Opened gifts, had a fight with a cheese tray (and lost.)

How was Christmas for you?

Last edited by Mnemosyne (December 30, 2012 8:15 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 30, 2012 8:39 pm  #403

Was it the Camembert, Stilton, Brie, Cheddar or Gorganzola? Or, possibly, the squidgy one in the silver wrapper?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 30, 2012 9:29 pm  #404

You had a fight with a cheese tray?  do tell.   Well those pair of eyes looked like John Simm (the master)   or Moriarty.   I couldn't tell.   Now I  know,  it's neither.   I  need to change my avatar.   Off I go!!   welcome back everyone!!   and Happy New Year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 30, 2012 9:38 pm  #405

Wonder what your new avatar will be like, they are always great 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2012 9:53 pm  #406

sherlockskitty wrote:

You had a fight with a cheese tray?  do tell.   Well those pair of eyes looked like John Simm (the master)   or Moriarty.   I couldn't tell.   Now I  know,  it's neither.   I  need to change my avatar.   Off I go!!   welcome back everyone!!   and Happy New Year.

I am flattered. Of course any photo of me is better without the entirety of my face in it (not totally fugly I'm told... just a sort of 'wrong end of a horse' kind of look.)

@Davina (and Sherlockskitty) I handled the farmhouse cheddar and the Stilton rather well... which is amazing considering stilton has this 'nails on a chalk-board' effect on my taste buds. To get an idea of what my face does when I eat Stilton: give a baby a slice of lemon. That's the face a pull. The one in the foil wrapper (aka the 'Boursin'.) made a break for it by trying to roll off the tray; I gave chase and ended up leaving a crumbly trail of it down the corridor.

I just totally lost control with the Brie... It's in one of my shoes and one of my best shirts. No one even tried to hide their laughter.

Then I discovered everyone else had got to the crackers before me and the only type left were the water biscuits.

Not my day? Not my life.

I am never allowed to touch a cheese tray in my house ever again... this is almost as bad as 'The Red Wine Incident' or 'the Lemonade Bottle Fiasco' but not quite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 31, 2012 7:07 am  #407

Ah...the Brie...say no more! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 12:00 pm  #408

Wow, the cheese tray fight sounds like a Christmas to remember for sure! ;-)

I had a good time, thanks. Too much food, too much drink, but within socially acceptable limits I would say.
New Year's eve was fairly warm here this year (-1 during the night), so it was actually quite nice to be outside, join the crowd and watch the fireworks.

Just a little sad as always that all the festivities are over now... back to work tomorrow... oh well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

January 1, 2013 12:22 pm  #409

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Wow, the cheese tray fight sounds like a Christmas to remember for sure! ;-)

I had a good time, thanks. Too much food, too much drink, but within socially acceptable limits I would say.
New Year's eve was fairly warm here this year (-1 during the night), so it was actually quite nice to be outside, join the crowd and watch the fireworks.

Just a little sad as always that all the festivities are over now... back to work tomorrow... oh well.

I'll have to remember it, no one will let me forget it.

Yeah it's a total pain that were all back to work tomorrow but we all have so much to look forward to this year.

January 1, 2013 4:38 pm  #410

Harriet wrote:

veecee wrote:

Hello, everyone,

I hope you have been having a very merry holiday season.

I thought I would be away only about a week, but it turned out to be a lot longer.

Have a Happy New Year!

Nice to have you back, veecee - I smiled already yesterday when I saw your login 

How sweet of you to say!

January 1, 2013 11:47 pm  #411

Harriet wrote:

Moriarty looking at you under Sherlock's chair?

P.S. Only just noticed this comment. What a truly chilling thought!

Just imagine it; he puts his fingers to his lips and mimes 'shh!'

January 2, 2013 9:43 am  #412

Mnemosyne wrote:

Harriet wrote:

Now, this is getting better and better 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 2, 2013 10:07 am  #413

Harriet wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

Harriet wrote:

Now, this is getting better and better 

The best kind of ankle-grabber. 

January 2, 2013 10:13 am  #414

Good we have our Skitty to find out about these details 

January 2, 2013 11:11 am  #415

Nibble, nibble little mouse! 

Wayyyy! Off topic!

January 2, 2013 11:18 am  #416

Harriet wrote:

Good we have our Skitty to find out about these details 

Nothing misses their feline gaze!

January 4, 2013 11:03 pm  #417

To whom it might concern... I'm... uhm... well... back... hullo!

January 4, 2013 11:26 pm  #418

Welcome back, Lelli.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 4, 2013 11:52 pm  #419

hihi ^^  thanks 

January 14, 2013 7:00 pm  #420

Not me!  
But a favour.
Apparently Lorna(Roman Girl) has disappeared form all social media.
So we're trying to track her down.
Anybody in the fandom know her?
EDIT:  thankfully Lorna is found.  She had been hacked.

Last edited by besleybean (January 14, 2013 9:42 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera