BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2012 7:08 am  #1

Hey

I'm froggyk here, but feel free to call me Froggy or Tasha. I've been a huge fan for a long time, but I'm a brand new member here. I poked around a bit and this seemed like a nice community to join. I really like forum settings, even if it's been a few months since I actively participated in one.

I live in Utah, around the Salt Lake City area. I'm working on an art major right now, and I'd like to go into concept art. I spend a lot of my free time drawing (lots of fanart) and roleplaying (which I'm always open to, if anyone wants).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them! Or just feel free to say hi and start a conversation, or shoot me a message. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and again, hi!

Last edited by froggyk (December 27, 2012 7:08 am)

December 27, 2012 7:33 am  #2

Re: Hey

Hello and welcome to the forum froggyk. I hope you have lots of fun here in our community.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 27, 2012 8:12 am  #3

Hi, Froggy, welcome to the forum. I already admired your art. Nice to have you here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 27, 2012 9:51 am  #4

Hi there, nice to have you with us. I hope you will be sharing your work with us.

I keep using 'us' at the end of sentences...oh dear, sounds like:

Join us.
One of us.
One of us.

Not my intention I promise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 27, 2012 10:27 am  #5

Hi Froggy, nice to have you with us 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 27, 2012 5:17 pm  #6

Mnemosyne wrote:

Hi there, nice to have you with us. I hope you will be sharing your work with us.

Join us.
One of us.
One of us.

Okay, I know you didn't mean it this way, but this struck me funny, as I imagined it being chanted in an ominous cult like voice. Join ussss. One of ussss.   

Welcome froggy, this is a great group. Hope you'll have fun here with us. (yup, I used "us" at the end of that sentence too. )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 27, 2012 7:28 pm  #7

I look forward to being one of us. Thank you for all of the warm welcomes.

December 28, 2012 2:50 am  #8

froggyk wrote:

I'm froggyk here, but feel free to call me Froggy or Tasha. I've been a huge fan for a long time, but I'm a brand new member here. I poked around a bit and this seemed like a nice community to join. I really like forum settings, even if it's been a few months since I actively participated in one.

I live in Utah, around the Salt Lake City area. I'm working on an art major right now, and I'd like to go into concept art. I spend a lot of my free time drawing (lots of fanart) and roleplaying (which I'm always open to, if anyone wants).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them! Or just feel free to say hi and start a conversation, or shoot me a message. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and again, hi!

Hello from another Utah Sherlock fan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

December 28, 2012 4:44 am  #9

Mountain Momma wrote:

Hi! I actually haven't met a lot of us here, haha.

December 28, 2012 10:12 am  #10

harleyq wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

Join us.
One of us.
One of us.

Okay, I know you didn't mean it this way, but this struck me funny, as I imagined it being chanted in an ominous cult like voice. Join ussss. One of ussss.   

Welcome froggy, this is a great group. Hope you'll have fun here with us. (yup, I used "us" at the end of that sentence too. )

Oh lord, it's catching. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 28, 2012 12:52 pm  #11

You mean it's contagioUS. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 28, 2012 1:10 pm  #12

Welcome to a fellow American-- we need more of us Yanks around here, lol. But seriously, I'm happy you found us and hope you'll have a good time here.

December 28, 2012 3:41 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

You mean it's contagioUS. 

Don't breathe on me, you might be one of them. Before I know it I will be one of us... I mean them. 

December 28, 2012 4:57 pm  #14

froggyk wrote:

Mountain Momma wrote:

Hi! I actually haven't met a lot of us here, haha.

I know. I'm trying to get the word out.  I have even purchased both seasons on DVD to loan to friends who don't have Netflix to get them hooked.  It's working!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

December 28, 2012 6:55 pm  #15

Mountain Momma wrote:

I know. I'm trying to get the word out.  I have even purchased both seasons on DVD to loan to friends who don't have Netflix to get them hooked.  It's working!!!!

I'm working on it too. I've gotten a few of them to do it, though very few of them have gotten as into it as I have. One day, perhaps. One day....

December 28, 2012 10:03 pm  #16

Hi!

I'm new to this too! I'm not from Utah though, I'm from the UK. Nice to meet you all!

E Holmes-Watson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Made by me ^

December 28, 2012 11:21 pm  #17

Hi, Holmes-Watson, welcome to the forum. Very nice gifs, especially no. 2. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2012 6:54 am  #18

Welcome to you, then! I'm also a big fan of gif no. 2

December 30, 2012 5:44 pm  #19

Welcome to both of you!! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 31, 2012 5:09 pm  #20

Mnemosyne wrote:

harleyq wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

Join us.
One of us.
One of us.

Oh lord, it's catching. 

Yesss, innocent little words that could be pronounced in a evil and ominousss voice (like Davina McCall or Calista Flockhart  )

Welcome Froggyk to US  (United Sherlockians)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

Board footera