BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2012 4:11 pm  #1341

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Right now he can play the violin a bit, as far as I know.
I know that he had a teacher for S1 and 2.
And she was standing on a platform outside during the window-scene in SiB. So when he was looking out of the window playing the violin he was actually looking at her, making the same moves than she does. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 23, 2012 11:34 pm  #1342

...when some old songs still get new meanings to me.
Found back these today and had completely different connections than years ago: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emwGe5449OQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbD5v2xijqw

December 24, 2012 12:13 pm  #1343

Or, generally speaking: Whenever you are a little bored, you suddenly find Sherlock connections in almost every song they play on the radio.
(you took your time with the call, I took no time with the fall, you gave me nothing at all, but still you're in my way ...)

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (December 24, 2012 12:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 24, 2012 4:12 pm  #1344

When you are at a restiraunt and glance over at a nearby crowded table and then glance back really fast because you thought you saw Martin Freeman! Happened just this morning with me, I had to come home fast and report it here 

"That's what people DO!"

December 24, 2012 5:03 pm  #1345

Moriarty wrote:

When you are at a restiraunt and glance over at a nearby crowded table and then glance back really fast because you thought you saw Martin Freeman! Happened just this morning with me, I had to come home fast and report it here 

So, was it him, do you think?!  Or just someone who looked like him? Do you live in a place where he might be? How exciting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 24, 2012 5:09 pm  #1346

KeepersPrice wrote:

Moriarty wrote:

So, was it him, do you think?!  Or just someone who looked like him? Do you live in a place where he might be? How exciting!

No, it wasn't him, it turned out to be an older guy who really looked nothing like him...my mind was playing tricks on me I don't think he would be in the vicinity of where I live, I am in North Carolina... But it would have been really cool if it were him, I have no idea what I would have done! Probably fallen out of my chair...twice...

"That's what people DO!"

December 24, 2012 6:03 pm  #1347

Aww...too bad. But keep looking.  Actors are people too.  They could show up where you least expect it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 24, 2012 8:36 pm  #1348

....when it is somehow easier to cope with difficult times when you're wearing one of your Sherlock related tees secretly under your sweater.

December 24, 2012 8:43 pm  #1349

Mattlocked wrote:

....when it is somehow easier to cope with difficult times when you're wearing one of your Sherlock related tees secretly under your sweater.

Like a superhero... But better!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 24, 2012 8:43 pm  #1350

I can imagine. It's like a sort of talisman.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 24, 2012 8:44 pm  #1351

When you are trying to finish a cabled Aran scarf for a present tomorrow but you are on this forum too! Oops one pattern mistake already!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 24, 2012 8:47 pm  #1352

Try to reach tobe, I'm sure she has some tips for you! 

December 24, 2012 10:02 pm  #1353

When you mistake a sign that says 'basketball' for 'Benedict' ..... I need to get me a Sherlock shirt, still can't decide which one to get though...

"That's what people DO!"

December 25, 2012 1:22 pm  #1354

.....when you receive a christmas-video from friends, non-Sherlock-related, but then............... again............    Take a look yourself at 1:00 ....  *sigh*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh6eNcvGFnM
(sorry, the song is in German)

December 25, 2012 1:37 pm  #1355

Not that I listened to it, but the first picture - a guy with dark curls and his blond friend with short hair and striped jumper? Well! 

Last edited by Harriet (December 25, 2012 1:39 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 25, 2012 4:14 pm  #1356

Go forward to 1:00. Just a tip! 

December 25, 2012 7:13 pm  #1357

You watch the Dr Who Xmas special and think 'Moffat you utter ███████' for all the Sherlock references... Oh and a relative (closet fangirl, or if you prefer pupating fangirl) tries to make you wear antlers and smiles knowingly when you tell her 'some things are best left to the imagination.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 26, 2012 5:05 pm  #1358

Hi!! I'm new here. I know I'm obsessed with Sher when I meet new people and try to analyze them just just Sherlock does. Happened to me yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Freeman is adorable!

December 26, 2012 5:33 pm  #1359

Estela wrote:

Hi!! I'm new here. I know I'm obsessed with Sher when I meet new people and try to analyze them just just Sherlock does. Happened to me yesterday.

Greetings
What did you get and were you right? (I love it when that happens.)

Last edited by Mnemosyne (December 26, 2012 5:33 pm)

December 26, 2012 7:32 pm  #1360

Mnemosyne wrote:

You watch the Dr Who Xmas special and think 'Moffat you utter ███████' for all the Sherlock references... Oh and a relative (closet fangirl, or if you prefer pupating fangirl) tries to make you wear antlers and smiles knowingly when you tell her 'some things are best left to the imagination.'

Mnemosyne, you're an actor.  Is it not true that in literature and in plays, especially Shakespeare, the wearing of antlers is a reference to a husband who has been made a cuckold by his wife?  I always found it humorous that Mrs. Hudson wishes Sherlock had "worn the antlers" which he dismisses, then turns and comes face-to-face with John's girlfriend, Jeanette.  Always wondered if the writers were familiar with that obscure reference and used it deliberately    Or maybe they just wanted us to laugh at the idea of Sherlock looking silly. We'll probably never know for sure........

Board footera