BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2012 12:06 am  #1

Martin: "I'm Geek Royalty Now" (Hollywood Reporter)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 24, 2012 4:05 am  #2

Re: Martin: "I'm Geek Royalty Now" (Hollywood Reporter)

"I hope by the time my life is over I’ve given them something else to talk about," he said of the fans, "but I think in all reality I think it’s very likely that they’ll be calling me Bilbo."

They'll be calling you Bilbo? No, no, we're quite content calling you John. Not that Bilbo isn't awesome too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 24, 2012 1:19 pm  #3

He will always be "John" to me.  I loved him as Bilbo, but as soon as I left the movie theater, it was back to John.  Come to think of it, I spent a lot of the movie comparing Bilbo to John.  Well, I'm an 'older and wiser' fan. The younger crowd can have him as Bilbo.  When they get older, they might appreciate him in Sherlock as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 24, 2012 9:35 pm  #4

I, too, sat through "The Hobbit" comparing Bilbo to John.  Both of them went on an adventure, right?  In both, Martin is NOT the lead man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

Board footera