BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2012 10:51 pm  #1

Difference between "Fandom" and the "Baker Street Irregulars"

Slightly controversial essay with very dubious comment at the bottom, see if you can spot it...it actually made me laugh out loud with the ridiculousness of it...

http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/11/upon-the-clear-distinction-between-fandom-and-the-baker-street-irregulars-lyndsay-faye-sherlock-holmes-arthur-conan-doyle-elementary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 24, 2012 8:26 am  #2

Re: Difference between "Fandom" and the "Baker Street Irregulars"

I absolutely LOVED this article. It had me smiling, nay laughing, throughout. How perceptive and how clever. The description of ACD's adoration for his creation is brilliant. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 7, 2013 11:19 pm  #3

Re: Difference between "Fandom" and the "Baker Street Irregulars"

That's the bit I found amusing, considering he killed him off and was always complaining about him.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera