BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2012 6:46 pm  #381

Re: Post Your Absence

Do they have good tea/coffee at this so called cafe?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 18, 2012 7:51 pm  #382

Starting sunday I'll be off for ski vacations ;)
I'll be sitting in a cosy chalet and I'm not sure how good the Internet is there, so I don't know how often I can go online...
I still want to try and even if I won't be able to I'll still be watching Sherlock all the time (finally got the DVDs :D) and read the ACDs and sleep a lot! I have to catch up a bit...

MK

December 18, 2012 11:10 pm  #383

Have a nice ine on the windy island boss. Have a good ski Lelli!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2012 9:37 am  #384

We are having problems with our internet connection. I'm posting from work at the moment. At home we're completely cut off currently with no internet and telephone. I hope they will fix it today, then I'll be back this evening. Otherwise it will stay like that over the holidays. That would be bad, maybe one or two whole weeks without this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 21, 2012 11:57 am  #385

QE: Already looking forward to having you back 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 21, 2012 12:07 pm  #386

QE, I hope they can fix it soon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2012 12:20 pm  #387

Hopefully they can fixit double quick. I am off to the BIG horse show at Olympia in London in a short while so I won't be on here for the rest of the day. Be good you lot! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2012 12:23 pm  #388

Enjoy!  We will do our best - even if it may be not too much in my case! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 21, 2012 3:11 pm  #389

Have fun at the horse show, Davina.
At the moment, my wireless works. The connection is very bad, but at least it is there ... sometimes. According to the provider, everything is fine and there is no need to do anything. Maybe I should ask Moriarty to fix it.
So if I should suddenly disappear during the next couple of days, it's because of the connection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 23, 2012 2:48 am  #390

QE,  your  wireless connection sounds like my cell phone thingie.   Sometimes it works,  sometimes  its  AAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!   

Davina,  I hope you have fun at that horse show.    Are you a rider  in it?    I'll  behave,  don't worry.   I'm  not gonna be able to  play/post   here  till after Christmas. I Am going on a trip.   Have a very Happy Christmas, everyone.  I shall see you anon!!   (later)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 23, 2012 5:11 pm  #391

Had rear fun at the show. Just there to watch, definitely not up to competing there. The showjumping class they finished with went up to a humongous height (1.70m)! A long day followed by meal out last night & did not get back until 2 a.m. Feeling a little fragile today!

December 23, 2012 6:09 pm  #392

I'm just popping by to wish you all a great Christmas, and enjoy the time off if you can!
I'll be back soon, be good, everyone :-)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

December 29, 2012 8:48 am  #393

I'm off to Wales for 2 days (not exactly a holiday but close enough for me.) I'm taking my iPad with me but I'm posting here anyway just in case I can't get any wireless signal and have to live like a hermit for 2 days.

Watching me going cold turkey on technology is *not* a pretty sight.

Bye-bye, have fun and don't break anything... or if you do make sure you're taping it so I can watch it when I get back. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 29, 2012 7:35 pm  #394

Who's that staring at me?   Looks like Moriarty?    I'm back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 29, 2012 8:32 pm  #395

Moriarty looking at you under Sherlock's chair?

December 29, 2012 11:21 pm  #396

Hello, everyone,

I hope you have been having a very merry holiday season.

I thought I would be away only about a week, but it turned out to be a lot longer.

Have a Happy New Year!

December 30, 2012 12:53 am  #397

Davina wrote:

Had rear fun at the show. .....................................

I've been sitting here pondering ..... what exactly IS "rear fun"? Sounds rather omninous.
But then I read that you were at a horse show?!

Awkward ........

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 30, 2012 8:28 am  #398

Ha! I just saw that myself! B....y auto-correct. Kind of appropriate though! Lol.

December 30, 2012 9:30 am  #399

veecee wrote:

Hello, everyone,

I hope you have been having a very merry holiday season.

I thought I would be away only about a week, but it turned out to be a lot longer.

Have a Happy New Year!

Nice to have you back, veecee - I smiled already yesterday when I saw your login 

December 30, 2012 11:22 am  #400

sherlockskitty wrote:

Who's that staring at me?   Looks like Moriarty?    I'm back.

Nice to have you back.

It's me.

(P.S. In case it's not painfully obvious I am also back  .)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

Board footera