BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2012 11:09 am  #1

Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2012 1:54 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek

John's eulogy was certainly reminiscent of Kirk's at the end of Wrath of Khan.

Oddly enough it was the Star Trek Next Generation episodes featuring Moriarty which prompted me to adopt my username. The idea of a sentient creature existing in cyberspace and lamenting of it's restricted freedoms, and featuring a touch of binary, struck me as apt for an online identity.

Nice examples in that article, shame they missed the obvious Sherlock allusion in the poster.

I hope JJ takes Benedict's craftsmanship of centre stage and whittles into something worth of Sherlock respect.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 28, 2012 6:29 am  #3

Is anyone else worried at all that Benedict and Martin might get too busy with other projects (particularly ultra high profile projects like Into Darkness and The Hobbit) to do the third season? Does anyone know if they are both contractually obligated? I want to think that they would return to Sherlock out of passion for the series, but they will both be getting amazing and attractive offers....???

Now that I've discovered Sherlock, the thought of "no more" is almost too painful to address, but my wandering brain keeps tugging at my coat.

chloe

December 28, 2012 7:39 am  #4

I don't think so. The scripts are being written, and I'm sure they have long signed their contracts. Besides, they know desperately the fans are waiting for series 3 and they both seem highly professional people to me. They have always said how much they owe Sherlock and that they love doing the show. I'm sure they won't break their contracts.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2012 8:31 am  #5

They have no reason to break their contracts and filming is due to start in March. There has been a slight adjustment already to accommodate other committments. Breaking a contract would not be on the agenda, so to speak. Actors can be amazingly busy at some times (if they are very, very lucky) and this is interspersed with periods of inactivity and boredom. Both Benedict and Martin are lucky in that, at the moment at least, the former is outweighing the latter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 28, 2012 3:40 pm  #6

I think everyone involved with Sherlock is still passionate about continuing with it. They'll all do other things along the way, but as long as there's flexibility, they can keep coming back to it. I would think a successful venture whether a tv series or movie franchise would be an asset to any working actor, no matter how popular or famous they become. But, yes given the success of our boys, I think the worry is always there at the back of our minds about the show's future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 10, 2013 10:04 pm  #7

And Martin Freeman stated that he has grown so much into the Sherlock team - he would even cancel his role in the hobbit! Glad he hadn't to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 11, 2013 11:16 am  #8

Series 3 has already been announced, contracts have indeed been signed, I don't think they're going to go back on that now
I have heard that they're going to start filming a bit later than originally planned (later this month, actually), so the series will be broadcasted in late 2013 (I'm guessing October?).

And as far as Star Trek goes - Can't wait to see it!
I never liked the series all that much, but I saw the first movie and it was really good. With Benedict as a villain, the second movie will probably be even better

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 11, 2013 1:36 pm  #9

Filming was originally due to start this month but as been moved back to March.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera