BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2012 11:34 am  #81

Re: Start of production of series 3 moved?

Maybe it isn't quite so bad after all to postpone filming. So maybe they'll get along without wearing ugly white feather down coats, warming their cheeks with heating pads, slipping on icy ground and catching pneumonia. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2012 11:39 am  #82

You obviously haven't been to Britain in March?!
London may not be too bad, tho!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 12:29 pm  #83

I've been there in April and it wasn't so bad. March can be horrible over here as well but it should be better than January. At least I hope so.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2012 12:56 pm  #84

April is very variable, weatherise here. Can be very warm, can have snow. Showers are the classic April weather.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2012 1:00 pm  #85

SusiGo wrote:

Maybe it isn't quite so bad after all to postpone filming. So maybe they'll get along without wearing ugly white feather down coats, warming their cheeks with heating pads, slipping on icy ground and catching pneumonia. 

Welcome to the wonderful weather in the UK!

(The only time we know it's summertime here is when they issue the hosepipe ban.)

It probably won't be as bad in March... but it's still going to be more than a little 'nippy' out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 9, 2012 7:36 pm  #86

Mnemosyne wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

(The only time we know it's summertime here is when they issue the hosepipe ban.)

It probably won't be as bad in March... but it's still going to be more than a little 'nippy' out there.

Yes, that brief interlude, before the trains are stopped by leaves. And in 2008 was snowing in London at the end of March. I so love the weather in UK (I do, really, can't stand summers).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

December 10, 2012 8:14 am  #87

tiharoa wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, that brief interlude, before the trains are stopped by leaves. And in 2008 was snowing in London at the end of March. I so love the weather in UK (I do, really, can't stand summers).

I like that we get a little bit of everything, weather wise. I love summer *but* I don't tan, just burn, so I spend my life checking my skin to see when I've gone pink. Which makes me feel like the human equivalent of an oven-ready chicken. I keep expecting someone to stick a thermometer in me and shout 'yep, they're done, get the gravy!'

But yes, hoping for a pneumonia-free filming for all this time around. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2012 4:39 pm  #88

And fall-free for Martin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 10, 2012 10:53 pm  #89

besleybean wrote:

And fall-free for Martin.

One can only hope...

December 11, 2012 7:29 am  #90

Now that's good news from Twitter:

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty
He also said he's very open to doing a 4th season! #Sherlock

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty
Spent the last 15 min talking to Benedict Cumberbatch. He's super nice and very friendly. They start filming SHERLOCK season 3 in March.

December 11, 2012 7:51 am  #91

Well personally I never doubted any of it, but always good to get nods!

December 11, 2012 8:28 am  #92

I was quite happy to read it what with the current ST and Hobbit hype which is all very fine and exciting but "Sherlock" is … well, Sherlock. 

December 11, 2012 6:50 pm  #93

I agree Susi, there's so much going on with big productions with Martin and Ben now, it's important to remember that little BBC show that started it all. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 13, 2012 5:20 pm  #94

As im aware, Series 2 episodes didn't air over here until May.  When Series 3 comes are episodes going to be on itunes or online?  I refuse to wait 4 more months after the season premieres.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2012 5:38 pm  #95

Sherlock84 wrote:

As im aware, Series 2 episodes didn't air over here until May.  When Series 3 comes are episodes going to be on itunes or online?  I refuse to wait 4 more months after the season premieres.

You may not have a choice. In the current climate of online viewing a lot of shows are quickly removed once added to the pirate sites. It's getting harder & harder to find them a few days after airing.
I do however notice that all over the world, many networks are heeding the call of viewers and rushing through new episodes of some shows. I suggest you put pressure on the networks in your area or else you wait.
Another alternative is to see if you can advance buy the DVDs compatibile for your area.

The harsh realities are, you sometimes HAVE to wait for the good  things in life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 20, 2012 11:43 am  #96

Some more information by Steven Moffat on the delay from this source: http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/steven-moffat-doctor-who-sherlock-interview.html

Can I ask where you are with Sherlock? There was a report that production had been delayed.
The delay is completely insignificant as far as the [airdate] is concerned. It was just to fit around Benedict Cumberbatch’s schedule. We’ve got two scripts in second drafts. I haven't started yet because I'm still finishing up with Doctor Who. We're fine. The production delay means nothing at all. I was never going to present over the summer in the U.K. so this doesn’t affect that at all.

December 21, 2012 1:07 am  #97

SusiGo wrote:

Some more information by Steven Moffat on the delay...
The delay is completely insignificant as far as the [airdate] is concerned.

Yes, well, either it's insignificant or it isn't.  With Moftiss, I don't think we'll never know what the truth of the matter is/was!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 21, 2012 7:05 am  #98

Well the fact that filming has only been delayed a couple of months, presumably means airing wouldn't be delayed more than a  few months.

January 2, 2013 6:21 pm  #99

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I suppose as long as we in the US can see Series 3 in 2013, I can manage my impatience.  Since I wasn't expecting to see it anytime soon after it was broadcast in the UK anyway.  But if I have to wait until 2014...well, I just don't know what I'll do!    Probably be even more glad this message board exists! 

Oh, I've been convinced from the beginning of there being talk that there was even going to be a season 3 that the US would not see its chopped-up Masterpiece Theater version until spring 2014. It would make me happy-happy if it's sooner, but I'm not expecting it. May 2014 is my guess, based on nothing but my own gut feelings about it.

January 3, 2013 2:42 am  #100

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I suppose as long as we in the US can see Series 3 in 2013, I can manage my impatience.  Since I wasn't expecting to see it anytime soon after it was broadcast in the UK anyway.  But if I have to wait until 2014...well, I just don't know what I'll do!    Probably be even more glad this message board exists! 

Oh, I've been convinced from the beginning of there being talk that there was even going to be a season 3 that the US would not see its chopped-up Masterpiece Theater version until spring 2014. It would make me happy-happy if it's sooner, but I'm not expecting it. May 2014 is my guess, based on nothing but my own gut feelings about it.

I was actually harboring this same fear, that it wouldn't be until spring 2014 in the US. I know there's nothing I can do either way, so I know I just have to wait as long as I have to wait. I just tell myself that it will be worth the wait and that there will be other Benedict offerings in the meantime. Like you say AG, if it comes sooner great, if not well then I won't be entirely surprised or disappointed. 

This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera