BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2012 10:05 pm  #261

Re: Sherlock Anagrams

So, nine words - as required - and a perfectly intelligible sentence - what more could you possibly want?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 5, 2012 2:46 am  #262

I've gone thru the subs  of  Scandal,  Hounds,  and The Fall,  But I cannot find any question that matches these letters.   I'm thinking our host has me stumped.  harleyq  could you please repost?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (December 5, 2012 2:50 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 5, 2012 6:31 pm  #263

tobe your guesses are hysterical! 

Okay, so I thought I might be getting too obscure with this, but it just struck me funny. So I will give hints that I hope will help. It's from The Fall. A rather softly mumbled question about a hated article of clothing.

The anagram:
AWKWARDLY ATTITUDES HOE HO HO A?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 6, 2012 8:01 pm  #264

harleyq wrote:

tobe your guesses are hysterical! 

That's meeee. Hysterical.
I just saw your hints minutes ago, harleyq.
Now I've got it. Funny quote - but of course not comparable to my kettle row!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 7, 2012 3:20 am  #265

You got it tobe!!! 
And, I agree it doesn't quite compare to your kettle row!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 7, 2012 4:47 am  #266

A quote, three words: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
Contains obvious clue to the location.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 17, 2012 6:54 am  #267

Is it "Christmas is cancelled"? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

December 17, 2012 4:03 pm  #268

Of course you're right, Skull! Glad you found out before Christmas.
Now it's your turn if you please.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 18, 2012 12:09 am  #269

Ok, try this one: It's a quote with six words and one comma.
ADMITTANCE
HIGH
HOLLOW

Scrabble tiles at the ready, everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

December 20, 2012 11:34 pm  #270

Oh god this looks...intimidating. Fun, but intimidating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

December 21, 2012 12:38 am  #271

If you need a hint, let me know! 

December 21, 2012 5:21 pm  #272

Hi Skull, I think I might need a hint to save me from my own nonsense:

Thank you...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 21, 2012 5:41 pm  #273

Oh - this is getting rather fun... 
(Sorry! I'll stop now.)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 22, 2012 12:30 am  #274

I dunno, Tobe... I'd like to see what you come up with next...
Ok, Hint #1:
The quote is taken from TGG, it's Sherlock talking to John.
It's not an especially well-known quote on its own, but everyone knows the lines before it.

Hope that helps! If not, I'll post another hint. Wouldn't want to make it too easy!

December 23, 2012 8:39 am  #275

Ok, next guess - though I suspect there's something wrong with it:
(Oh - yes, seven words instead of six!)

Why not try something in German?

hmm...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 23, 2012 9:08 am  #276

Hint number 2: In Tobe's second guess (OMG NOW THE HILL HAD A TIC) two of the words were correct, but only one was in the right place.
(For Mastermind players, that's one white peg, one black peg.)

Last edited by The Skull (December 23, 2012 9:14 am)

December 23, 2012 4:25 pm  #277

Merry Christmas!

I am just visiting my future mother in law and took the time to solve the riddle with her scrabble blocks :-)
I hope this one is correct 

Happy Holidays and remember:

yesterday is history
tomorrow is mystery
today is a gift
and thats why they call it the present

"That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done."

December 23, 2012 7:55 pm  #278

My dear future hound-in-law, I was just turning my back on you - and what did you do?
Creating a nonsense sentence - you didn't learn this from me! Not at all!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 25, 2012 11:02 am  #279

Hint #3:

December 26, 2012 9:10 am  #280

Well, here you are at last:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera