BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2012 7:56 pm  #1

Caption Competition - Week 11

Davina wrote:

Bump! Can someone else post a suitable clip for the next competition in a new thread please. I have neither the time nor the skill to do one. 
Thanks in advance.

Well, ah... I could try?     Didn't play all the games as much as others, so apologies don't remember if this one was used before, but in briefly looking through my folder of pics, it just stood out as the one with the most amusing potential....      

"John... the fangirls!  RUN!!!"

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 17, 2012 9:20 pm  #2

Re: Caption Competition - Week 11

"It's almost time for the Black Friday sale, John! Run! I need that scarf!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 17, 2012 10:05 pm  #3

"Wait, Sherlock! Who's this Smaug you're talking of?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 17, 2012 11:23 pm  #4

Sherlock: I told you that Chinese restaurant was a bad one!
John: There, just round the corner, there's the next public toilet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 18, 2012 3:23 pm  #5

Ha!!  Those are great so far!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 18, 2012 4:32 pm  #6

John: What do you mean? 'Time to give those hairy feet some exercise, Bilbo!'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 18, 2012 4:36 pm  #7

John: (thinks to himself) Yes! Yes! Today I can win the 'last one back does the washing-up race!'

Sherlock: ( thinks to himself) Only in your dreams short shanks!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 19, 2012 7:47 am  #8

"Faster Sherlock!  That Gigantic Pink and Lavender Glow is catching up with us!  People will talk!"

December 19, 2012 10:19 pm  #9

John: So is this what you mean by 'a game of shadows'?

December 20, 2012 9:48 am  #10

Sherlock: Why are all the neighbours so angry at us?
John: When I said I liked purple, I meant your shirt, Sherlock - not paint the whole d*** house!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

January 4, 2013 8:52 pm  #11

Today I was wondering what happened to our weekly caption competition.
Russell, could you please announce the winner, so she or he could post the next picture?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 4, 2013 9:57 pm  #12

Umm....  oops?  Sorry?!?      
All amusing...  but... Heh, I just keep going back to horserider's due to the amusing, unlikely mental picture it brings up. 
So congrats.... you get this invisible box of internet cookies!!  And the next pic!!  ^_~

Board footera