BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2012 12:10 am  #1281

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Recently I stumbled over Eggs Benedict again....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 15, 2012 8:29 am  #1282

Messy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 15, 2012 9:25 am  #1283

SusiGo wrote:

I'm a nutcase, I know. But I was so disappointed to see an old man in a long robe instead of … 

Now, really a nutcase are you when you read your sentence here and like me think of Ian McKellen as Martins partner instead of Benedict.
*nods with deepest mutual understanding*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 15, 2012 10:46 am  #1284

Oh I see, I really hadn't got that...oh well, bring on the Sherlock bromance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2012 1:49 pm  #1285

...when you find this "newspaper" at your local bookstore, you carry it with you folded in the middle and next time you see it you have to think of the "gigantic hound". 

http://www.klett-cotta.de/nachricht/Die_TolkienTimes_Oktober_2012_ist_erschienen/30811

Last edited by Mattlocked (December 15, 2012 1:49 pm)

December 16, 2012 7:06 pm  #1286

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when..............

December 16, 2012 7:12 pm  #1287

Oh, this is wonderful! Wall decoration? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 16, 2012 7:15 pm  #1288

Oh. God. Yes.

December 16, 2012 7:40 pm  #1289

Wall decoration for which room? Bathroom? (bathtub: "...in a crown and nothing else")
This looks quite classy, Mattlocked!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 16, 2012 8:45 pm  #1290

Mattlocked wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when..............

Ooh, fantastic. Very nice work! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 16, 2012 8:46 pm  #1291

How about a nice Sherlock shop on Dawanda or Etsy?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2012 9:22 pm  #1292

tobeornot221b wrote:

Actually, I've got a 221B sticker on my flatdoor... 
My real house number is, sadly, 245.

Haha, that's exactly what i've done on my uni flat door and nobody gets the relevance!

December 19, 2012 10:37 pm  #1293

You know you're obsessed when:

1) You start surfing the internet in a totally non-Sherlock related capacity only for the internet to magically steer you in the direction of something Holmes related.

2) You don't stop yourself or exercise any other form of self control...

3) Three hours later you are still looking at Sherlock related stuff, lost track of time and forgotten what it was you were originally researching.

4) You regret nothing about any of the above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 20, 2012 7:18 am  #1294

Love that. 

December 20, 2012 7:21 am  #1295

SusiGo wrote:

Love that. 

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2012 5:38 pm  #1296

… you go to a boring house owners' meeting and pass the time thinking, This guy over there looks a bit like Mark Gatiss. 

December 21, 2012 11:54 am  #1297

.... when you have a colleague who was born in the UK and since some months you like him even more, just because he's British. (And because of his lovely accent.) 

December 21, 2012 2:00 pm  #1298

You suddenly buy a beige cable knit jumper despite hating both cable knit jumpers and anything beige previously.

In all seriousness though this is the comfiest thing I have ever worn.

December 21, 2012 5:04 pm  #1299

Mnemosyne wrote:

You suddenly buy a beige cable knit jumper despite hating both cable knit jumpers and anything beige previously.

I bought one recently also, but I do like cable knit and I call mine off-white or cream colored.  It's so comfortable (and makes me feel so John-like) I could wear it everyday.  I did wear it to work yesterday but dressed it up with a pretty scarf and wore a nice skirt and heels so it didn't look so casual.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 21, 2012 5:47 pm  #1300

KeepersPrice wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

I bought one recently also, but I do like cable knit and I call mine off-white or cream colored.  It's so comfortable (and makes me feel so John-like) I could wear it everyday.  I did wear it to work yesterday but dressed it up with a pretty scarf and wore a nice skirt and heels so it didn't look so casual.

'Cream coloured': I like that, 'beige' makes it sound... dull. You don't mind if I rob your vocabulary, do you?

I wear mine with a pair of 'boyfriend cut' jeans and a pair of boots... I'm only short so it looks rather adorable (don't tell *anyone* I used that word to describe myself!)
This is, in itself, completely different to how I normally dress... it's my casual 'oh-god-dont-let-the-house-go-on-fire-people-will-see-me' wear. Usually it's black, black, more black, suit, black, shirts, and purple.

Last edited by Mnemosyne (December 21, 2012 5:53 pm)

Board footera