BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2012 11:23 pm  #21

Re: Not sleeping properly? (Insanely off topic!)

I myself am pretty new to online chatting, and looking back, I think my advice was not the best.  I chose this site to start with, because I think the world of Mr. Moffat and Mr. Gatiss, and I absolutely love Sherlocking!  They have made it such a joy!  They are so incredibly creative and imaginative and deliver their shows in such a brilliant way!  Problem is, even Sherlocking can get to be too much, if it makes us stay up too late, interferes with sleep, etc.  I don't really have anyone to talk to about it here, so I was just looking for a place to play where somebody actually knew what I was talking about.

April 16, 2012 8:43 am  #22

I thought your advice was pretty good - don't worry about it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 9:45 am  #23

Thanks DR. Sherlock!
Sometimes I just can't relax... That's the only problem! I feel like I'm missing out on something!

@Sherlock: why did you drink an energy drink!?!? XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 16, 2012 9:51 am  #24

I don't know! I was feeling tired and wanted to stay up for a bit longer but then it kind of backfired, lol. Doesn't matter too much though cause I work from home so don't have to worry how much sleep I do or don't get or whether I get up early or late etc. One advantage of being your own boss. Disadvantage is I can't sack myself for being lazy.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 10:02 am  #25

ha ha! My dad works from home sometimes! So he gets to sleep in!
I guess you can't sack yourself is a good thing, you won't be out of a career! =)

April 16, 2012 10:14 am  #26

Oh, I feel so much better!

April 16, 2012 10:32 am  #27

Thanks for you advice everyone!

@dr.Sherlock: I did say thanks but it didn't enter successfully.So I just want to say thanks for your advice! =) Are you actually on TV??? =O

April 16, 2012 10:43 pm  #28

Of course.  I sea it now.
Alas, I am no actress, just a doctor.  But I like how the original Sherlock Holmes was based, in part, on a famous Scottish medical school lecturer (ring any Bells?).  Sometimes I even have to be a detective at work, read between the lines, that kind of thing.

April 18, 2012 3:11 pm  #29

Your lucky. I'd LOVE to be an actress or a detective. And I've always done acting. With my friends...
Got any tips??? =D

December 29, 2014 9:01 pm  #30

I have had trouble sleeping most of my life... I will certainly look into some of the advice here!

For me it really started with my PTSD induced nightmares in highschool... I would be too scared to sleep... so I did everything I could to stay awake and I actually got used to going to school with less than a few hours of sleep. Though I think I must have been quite a zombie and the others in class thought it was fun to rat on me when I fell in sleep during lectures. 

In a weird way I felt like my writing improved if I wrote at night, with almost no sleep... especially the novels I wrote at the time. 
When I wrote my huge project on Hamlet I wrote at night until 5am... passed out and woke up to correct the mistakes and sentences that made no sence at all... 

In a way I think my body got used to the lack of sleep... on work days I am lucky to get 5 hours of sleep... I just can't fall asleep.

I have to sleep with my TV on, which isn't good for sleeping... but I am terrified of silence and the dark (mostly because of my own thoughts that get too loud) luckily the dreams got very rare now

My guy has those PTSD dreams every night and I have adviced him to keep trying to sleep... I also told him about some herbal medicine to calm yourself down at night... not exactly sleeping pills, but... 
My mum wanted me to try those pills when I was a teen but I was just too terrified of the dreams 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera