BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2012 6:08 pm  #21

Re: The LA Times loves Sherlock, too

Kind of...  They should really make new films, but who am I talking to?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 18, 2012 6:21 pm  #22

Charging an open door. Preaching to the choir. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2012 6:48 pm  #23

"For the generations of men who have wondered what it is women want, this year has made it fairly obvious. We want a man of devastating intelligence, cerebrally and physically nimble, whose vast store of arcane knowledge is foundation for a super-human ability to solve problems and the fascinating, frustrating wall that protects a tender heart.

We want Sherlock Holmes."

Somebody FINALLY figured us out. Our secret is out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 18, 2012 6:55 pm  #24

Actually, if they asked me, I'd prefer Peter, with no doubts 

(I wonder how long a Sherlock relationship would last? 2 hrs? 2 days with a die-hard fangirl?  )

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 18, 2012 7:12 pm  #25

I think a relationship with Peter might be less difficult but quite as exciting. Apart from the fact that we're not 100 % sure if Sherlock would be interested in any of us girls. 
Nevertheless I like the quote very much and there's a lot of truth in it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2012 9:47 pm  #26

horserider99 wrote:

"For the generations of men who have wondered what it is women want, this year has made it fairly obvious. We want a man of devastating intelligence, cerebrally and physically nimble, whose vast store of arcane knowledge is foundation for a super-human ability to solve problems and the fascinating, frustrating wall that protects a tender heart.

We want Sherlock Holmes."

Somebody FINALLY figured us out. Our secret is out.

I like this quote very much. True, a relationship with Sherlock would be incredibly challenging, if not impossible. But, I still say we let men ponder on this quote for the time being. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 18, 2012 11:25 pm  #27

Thanks, Harriet, for the citation, and as well, SusiGo and Davina: Glad you all like Lord Peter!      The DVDs with Ian Carmichael were among the first I ever bought.  I, too, was sorry that the Harriet stories weren't filmed with him--I really didn't care for the other actor's portrayal of Wimsey at all. 

And I almost wrote in my question before that I was being heretical on this site but that I preferred Sayers' books to ACD's (although I haven't read all the Sherlock Holmes stories yet) but I decided not to; however, afer rereading the earlier posts in this thread, I feel like I should say, Harriet: You are not alone!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 18, 2012 11:31 pm  #28

As for the other issue: Peter vs. Sherlock...  Yikes, that would be REALLY hard to choose!  They both have such interesting personality quirks.  I love Peter's ability to spout quotations and his humor and I love Sherlock's sarcasm and intelligence.  Can't they be Siamese twins somehow???   

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 19, 2012 8:36 am  #29

Maybe we should discuss this issue in the new Lord Peter Wimsey thread?
Because I love Peter's intelligence, too 

Board footera