BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2012 11:50 am  #1

Instruction for 221B Winter Hat (Knitty)

For those who love to knit - with detailed instruction:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw12/PATT221b.php

Last edited by Harriet (December 15, 2012 11:52 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 15, 2012 2:25 pm  #2

Re: Instruction for 221B Winter Hat (Knitty)

That looks great. Tobe, would you like to knit one for me? Can't do hats. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 15, 2012 3:47 pm  #3

Just wanted to ask exactly the same. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 15, 2012 5:30 pm  #4

I don't wear hats - that's why I never knitted one until now. But this is really beautiful and doesn't look too complicated to make. Currently,  I'm quite fed up with knitting.  Hmmm...I have to think about it. Maybe after Christmas...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 15, 2012 6:06 pm  #5

I think the pattern is supposed to be our recent forum background?
Although it reminds me more of a christmas tree 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 15, 2012 7:07 pm  #6

I can knit, but I can't do colour work. I'm gonna have to holler at my sister to make me one because  she keeps complaining that she doesn't know what to make me for Christmas. Case closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 16, 2012 7:14 am  #7

What weight wool is she using here? Tbh I think I would just use a set of double-ended needles throughout rather than faffing about with a circular needle and then swapping to the double-ended ones. It does look like Christmas trees doesn't it. The background colour is perhaps a little bit light?

Last edited by Davina (December 16, 2012 7:15 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera