BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2012 10:05 am  #1

Blogs, anyone?

((Note:This is just a suggestion))

So I have a friend who's into a forum too, and in that forum, each member has a personal blog that other members of the forum community can view and like and comment on. I'm putting this here so we can share our Sherlock-related and non-Sherlock-related experiences here and share it with others. This way, this community can interact with each other, make friends, etc.

We all know how much 'ordinary' people cannot understand us when we make Sherlock-related references, how about you make a post about that? Or maybe you can rant about what you do when you're bored - do you shoot the wall too? I hope not. Or have you ever tried to deduce someone's personality? How'd it go? Did it work? What was going on in your mind while watching the Hobbit? Do you have a fanfiction idea you want to bounce off to someone, see if it's good or bad? There are many ways we can use our blogs!

Of course, the universal rules of blogging applies here as well, so don't worry, it will be safe. What do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey 

"Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?"

December 14, 2012 2:45 pm  #2

Re: Blogs, anyone?

Nikoleta wrote:

do you shoot the wall too? I hope not.

One of my friends shot me <pause for suspense> with his airgun. He shot my calf. It hurt. It didn't bruise.

It was an experiment, he claimed. I often find myself with unexplained bruises. I don't remember injuring the places where the bruises appear, I just end up with bruises. He wanted to see how nasty a bruise the airgun would leave to see how easily I bruise.

It didn't leave a bruise.

I need Sherlock to figure out where all these bruises are coming from. No pain, no violence, no tripping over myself, but bruises.But then things that would/could leave a bruise, like getting shot with the airgun or falling up the stairs and hitting my shin quite hard, don't. I don't bruise easily, but I bruise often. Where is the unexplained violence in my life causing these bruises?!

Last edited by equiraptor (December 14, 2012 4:42 pm)

December 14, 2012 4:14 pm  #3

Nikoleta wrote:

((Note:This is just a suggestion))

So I have a friend who's into a forum too, and in that forum, each member has a personal blog that other members of the forum community can view and like and comment on. I'm putting this here so we can share our Sherlock-related and non-Sherlock-related experiences here and share it with others. This way, this community can interact with each other, make friends, etc.

We all know how much 'ordinary' people cannot understand us when we make Sherlock-related references, how about you make a post about that? Or maybe you can rant about what you do when you're bored - do you shoot the wall too? I hope not. Or have you ever tried to deduce someone's personality? How'd it go? Did it work? What was going on in your mind while watching the Hobbit? Do you have a fanfiction idea you want to bounce off to someone, see if it's good or bad? There are many ways we can use our blogs!

Of course, the universal rules of blogging applies here as well, so don't worry, it will be safe. What do you think?

Dear Nikoleta, all you suggest here I/we could do in a blog we are doing already - here.    Or did I get it wrong?
I never considered to start a blog as there is not really much important I'd have to say and which might interest people all over the world which don't know me personally.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 14, 2012 6:30 pm  #4

I don't currently have a blog, but I was thinking of starting one....eventually.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 14, 2012 8:00 pm  #5

We have threads for the things you suggest for a blog.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 15, 2012 3:39 pm  #6

I was thinking of something more... personalized, unique?? But oh well. It was just a suggestion anyway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey 

"Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?"

Board footera