BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2012 2:02 am  #1

College acceptance!

Oh my god. My brain has gone into full fangirl squee mode, so forgive me if I'm not very coherent, but I JUST GOT MY FIRST COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE!!!! :D

The awesome thing is, it's one of my top two choices. The campus is absolutely gorgeous, they have 100 acres of farmland and 30 of their own horses, they have a great English program, and they're fifteen minutes away from an ice skating rink. I am sort of seriously in love with this college, and it's the first one to accept me. Oh yeah, and their colors are yellow and black, so I can be a happy little Hufflepuff there. My. Life. Freaking. Rocks.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just really excited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 9, 2012 3:11 am  #2

Re: College acceptance!

Congratulations!! It sounds like a great campus. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 9, 2012 3:25 am  #3

Congratulations, Jayie! It sounds like a wonderful college.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 9, 2012 4:37 am  #4

Thanks guys! :D It was really awesome, but it's pretty far from home, about four hours, and there's another awesome school I'm still waiting to hear from. But right now I'm still high on the awesomeness of my first acceptance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 9, 2012 8:51 am  #5

That sounds brilliant! Four hours is not so very far from home. Yay! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 9, 2012 9:00 am  #6

Great, best wishes, Jayie! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 9, 2012 9:54 am  #7

Davina's right, four hours are not so far away; you can still go home for the weekend - if you still want to  ; that campus really sounds great! Congrats!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 9, 2012 10:28 am  #8

How wonderful, Jayie, this sounds really great. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2012 10:36 am  #9

Congratulations, well done!

Hard work has many great rewards and this is just one of them. I'm glad to hear that you have been accepted somewhere you are keen on (understatement, I know.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 10, 2012 5:09 pm  #10

Thanks! Ever since I got on this website everyone's been so nice and supportive.

And yes Mattlocked, I would like to be able to get home now and again unlike some teenagers. The good thing is I have my own car, so I won't have to depend on anyone else for rides home.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 10, 2012 10:40 pm  #11

So proud of you Jay. Of course you were accepted at one of the top colleges on your list. And why wouldn't you be! All the people on this Forum are of obviously superior intelligence. This school will be very lucky to get you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 11, 2012 4:55 pm  #12

Jayie wrote:

The campus is absolutely gorgeous, they have 100 acres of farmland and 30 of their own horses, they have a great English program, and they're fifteen minutes away from an ice skating rink. I am sort of seriously in love with this college, and it's the first one to accept me. Oh yeah, and their colors are yellow and black, so I can be a happy little Hufflepuff there.

And who knows? You might even decide to study something while you're there... 

Congratulations, and best wishes!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 11, 2012 5:00 pm  #13

Congrats. Do you know what you plan on studying?

December 11, 2012 8:29 pm  #14

equiraptor wrote:

Congrats. Do you know what you plan on studying?

Yeah, I want to be an English major. I want to write novels one day, but until that day I'll probably do some sort of technical writing to pay the bills.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 11, 2012 8:59 pm  #15

Sounds like a great dream, and a realistic perspective on making a living, too. I'd say "good luck" but "good studying" is probably more important! 

Board footera