BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2012 8:23 pm  #1

Sherlock Figure Skating Program

I've been a figure skater for eight years, and my coach and I recently decided that the time had come for me to retire my old program (which was set to music from Firefly, cause I'm a nerd) and get a new one. So, being the Sherlocked nerd that I am, I decided to make my new program be set to music from Sherlock.

The program contains music from "One More Miracle," "Prepared To Do Anything," and "Opening Theme." It's three minutes long and it's not fully choreographed yet but when it is and when I have a chance to record myself skating to it in the skating dress I pick for that program, I'll post it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 11, 2012 8:26 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Figure Skating Program

Oh, this sounds very exciting. You should post it by all means. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2012 8:36 pm  #3

Once I get it recorded I will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 11, 2012 8:54 pm  #4

Looking forward to seeing it.

December 12, 2012 1:37 am  #5

Ha!  I was just watching the ISU Grand Prix Finals on NBC on Sunday (sadly shortened to only two hours by not showing any Pairs and only the 1st place Dance program) and thinking to myself: Wouldn't it be great if someone choreographed a routine to a medly of Sherlock music???  Can't wait to see what you've done!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (December 12, 2012 1:38 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 12, 2012 1:57 pm  #6

Oh, great! I thought about asking for the video when you posted your wishlist but I thought I might be intrusive... 
We have to do gymnastics stuff to music and since we could choose music Pitagor and I wanted to take the Sherlock theme to but nobody would go along... Switzerland is sooooo poor of good (sherlock) taste...

December 12, 2012 2:14 pm  #7

Sorry to hear that Lelli. That's why I chose Figure Skating - not a group sport, so I don't have to consult a team about anything. Of course, my coach had to agree with it, but he's usually pretty flexible about music as long as it sounds good.

And that sounds awesome Sherli! Unfortunately, I don't watch as much professional skating as I really should.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 12, 2012 8:01 pm  #8

That's so cool! I've always wanted to be good a figure skating. When I go to a rink I just stand by the side, screaming! It would be great to see you skating to sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 13, 2012 1:17 am  #9

That's really cool! I love figure skating and admire the amazing talent of skaters who make it seem so effortless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 13, 2012 1:35 am  #10

I would love to see the Firefly routine too - any videos??

December 13, 2012 3:06 am  #11

The Doctor wrote:

I would love to see the Firefly routine too - any videos??

I might have a recording of that lying around somewhere. If not, I'll just record it again, I still remember the program. Why, you a Browncoat too?

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

December 17, 2012 4:12 am  #12

I do love music, and very often soundtracks too.. and do a lot of sport!

Board footera