BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2012 3:56 pm  #21

Re: e mail to Richard Brook

Oh Molly, you are cute!

Let's check Auntie Wiki:

"A "television pilot" (also known as a "pilot", "pilot episode", and "series premiere") is a standalone episode of a television series that is used to sell the show to a television network. At the time of its inception, the pilot is meant to be the "testing ground" to see if a series will be possibly desired and successful and therefore a test episode of an intended television series. It is an early step in the development of a television series, much like pilot lights or pilot studies serve as precursors to the start of larger activity, or pilot holes prepare the way for larger holes. Television networks use pilots to discover whether an entertaining concept can be successfully realized. After seeing this sample of the proposed product, networks will then determine whether the expense of additional episodes is justified. They are best thought of as prototypes of the show that is to follow, because elements often change from pilot to series. Variety estimates that only a little over a quarter of all pilots made for American television succeed to the series stage,[1] although the figure may be even lower.[2]"
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 23, 2012 4:05 pm  #22

Oh... 
I knew that...(NOT!) 
I used 14 (!'s) in my last post so I'd better cut down. I'm only allowing myself 5 per post! (10 for after I've Watched the pilot!!!) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 23, 2012 4:10 pm  #23

The pilot episode of 'Quantum Leap' was actaully called 'The Pilot Episode' and was about a pilot - so you are not the first to be confused by the term Molly.

Elementary has just finished filming its pilot.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 23, 2012 4:32 pm  #24

Indeed, Molly, you're cute 
Tell us  what you think of it 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 23, 2012 4:38 pm  #25

Well, Thank you!!!   
I Will update you soon! 7 o'clock is my BIG watch!!

Last edited by Molly Hooper (May 23, 2012 4:40 pm)

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 23, 2012 6:39 pm  #26

Benedict does play a pilot actually. He plays Martin Crieff in Cabin Pressure a BBC Radio 4extra situation comedy. See the threads in the Benedict section of the forum. Sweet!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 23, 2012 7:55 pm  #27

I love Cabin Pressure, it's so funny!
The episode was really good, I can't believe Anderson had a beard! I did miss Mycroft, he definitely adds to the storyline!
I prefer the flat in the proper one though I do like the idea of Ms Hudson running the sandwich store! Sherlock is slightly less... well Sherlocky, he doesn't seem as disconnected. However, I did like the bit with the cabby and the needle, I think it was more dramatic than the last series and it was quite funny to see Sherlock "drunk". Overall, a great watch!! 

May 23, 2012 8:55 pm  #28

I'm glad you liked it 

Anderson's beard is one of the most funny things I've seen in this show... and I think the case resolution (with the needle and all that) works a bit better than in the final ASiP. But, as you say, Sherlock is less Sherlocky and that I think is an improvement in the aired version and the rest of the episodes. And also the lack of Mycroft... well, he IS Mycroft, you know

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 9, 2012 12:12 am  #29

P.S.  You are ordinary.       

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 9, 2012 1:36 am  #30

Erm...

We may want to point out that Molly is a young lady who is as keen on Sherlock as can be and is as 'facetious' as she can be given her limited circumstances.

It's the internet, be nice.

-m0r

*edit for privacy reasons & keeping it nice*

Last edited by kazza474 (June 9, 2012 3:30 am)

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 9, 2012 8:57 am  #31

You are talking about REAL Molly, right?

December 9, 2012 5:35 pm  #32

I know it's been some time since this thread was active, but I am splitting myself at Mycroft's email address. dsux.org seems to me to be Deus Ex, 'deus ex machina' the god who swoops in at the dicey bits of ancient Greek plays and fixes things up. Which is part of Mycroft's role in the series; he can be invoked to cover up all manner of transgressions.

December 9, 2012 8:59 pm  #33

Well spotted!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 9, 2012 11:38 pm  #34

Oh I'm pretty sure from what I have read, the dsux has a more base meaning.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 10, 2012 12:10 pm  #35

Oh lord! Even better spotted. 

December 10, 2012 1:42 pm  #36

Thanks. It fits in nicely with the observation of the number plates. I can't recall now which commentary mentions this or what the word was but it tickled Mark's fancy somewhat.
I'll research that one again when my head's less muddled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera