BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2012 4:21 pm  #21

Re: Benedict's voice

Great voice, much better than the German one which is not really bad but … must get myself an audio book of his … no, I have work to do … mhm, let's have a look at iTunes … The internet is most destructive to my work ethics  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 8, 2012 4:52 pm  #22

Try these. They have been posted a while back. Once a day between meals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXB8qZyr9RY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwitinF5uw

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2012 7:54 pm  #23

Thank you, I will check them out. I hope I can resist the temptation until my day's work is done  .
P.S: OMG, I realised only just now that it Kafka's "Die Verwandlung". I adore this story and in combination with THAT voice  .

Last edited by SusiGo (June 8, 2012 8:27 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 8, 2012 9:05 pm  #24

<------WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO READ KAFKA THE SAME WAY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 15, 2012 3:49 am  #25

Loved it! Thank you for posting.
I also thought the same thing. At that scene in Belarus, I thought it was Professor Snape talking

June 21, 2012 12:23 pm  #26

His voice is amazing! So deep and velvet. Thanks to Benedict's reading of "Ode to a Nightingale" I have learnt it by heart.
I was listening to "Casanova" read by him too, it was great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 21, 2012 6:16 pm  #27

It is my favourite voice. Of all voices.

"Like a jaguar hiding in a cello". I like that description.

June 21, 2012 7:36 pm  #28

I think I'm melting!!! (listening to Ode)

September 15, 2012 3:07 am  #29

Montgomery Burns!

If they ever made a British version of the Simpsons (which they should! even if it's just a one-off special - just so we can see what Springfield might look like in the UK), he would make a great Mr Burns. I've heard him use that voice when he's joking around in interviews (sounds almost identical to the one that Shearer uses).

November 3, 2012 9:27 pm  #30

[

Sammy wrote:

It is my favourite voice. Of all voices.

"Like a jaguar hiding in a cello". I like that description.

I second this! I've always been a sucker for beautiful voices and Benedict's is like none I've ever heard. And it's such a treat that he's done so much unique voice over stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 4, 2012 3:02 am  #31

HQ, have you listened to "Ode" yet?
(Look, you've got a nickname!)

November 4, 2012 3:10 pm  #32

I have listened to "Ode" VC and I love it.
(And I love my nickname too, thanks!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 6, 2012 1:54 pm  #33

Trying to clean kitchen while listening to Benedict reading Casanova. VERY distracting. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 6, 2012 2:02 pm)

November 15, 2012 3:19 pm  #34

Listen to Benedict this evening on Channel 5:

Cumberbatchweb @cumberbatchweb
Don't forget #BenedictCumberbatch narrates the second part of WW1 Tunnels of Death tonight at 8:00 pm on Channel 5

November 22, 2012 9:39 pm  #35

The Pillow Book. That wasn't sexy--it was erotic.

So good allround I wish the whole series 1-5 were available somewhere to buy/download--I want to know who did it and hear the other stories. *based on the original pillow book of sei shonagon worth a read (not to be confused with the movie, i thought it smutty, sorry).

Bad enough he can act. Mesmerizing voice and knows how to use it. I hate him.

November 22, 2012 9:42 pm  #36

MaggieM wrote:

Bad enough he can act. Mesmerizing voice and knows how to use it. I hate him.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 22, 2012 9:48 pm  #37

Thanks for the Pillow Book rec. Didn't know about that one. Ah, the voice. Reading Casanova. 

November 24, 2012 6:10 pm  #38

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks for the Pillow Book rec. Didn't know about that one. Ah, the voice. Reading Casanova. 

Never really liked casanova, period. he frankly sounds like he was a bore and his writings remind me/sound/read like a medical dissection to me. sorry. 

The poetry and literature recordings are superb as well, the language beautiful, but these are heavy themes you simply can't listen to every single bloody day. and i say that with a degree in literature.

i prefer my meat and potatoes and action.  Balance!

December 9, 2012 11:20 am  #39

December 9, 2012 11:21 am  #40

Yep!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera