BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2012 1:49 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock ring-tones

SH182 wrote:

1. Adler moaning text tone.
2. Stayin' Alive ringtone.
3. The iPhone default tone used by Sherlock in Study in Pink.
4. The regular default text tone I've been looking for! (as heard in the first meeting scene between Mycroft and John and during the shoe inspection scene in The Great Game).

If I can upload them somehow I can share them.

Is it the Adler moaning text tone from here?

Seems you have most of, if not all of, the sounds you were looking for.

You can share them via Send Space for our fellow members to get hold of.

Good work SH182!

-m0r

Last edited by m0r1arty (December 7, 2012 1:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 7, 2012 3:08 pm  #22

Ok... if I have done this correctly you should see the four that I have uploaded. Please let me know if it is or is not working! And also what you think of them.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/O5JTCYi%2FfgEp2Tn8Dleo56Hqx0nGzHQH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 7, 2012 3:25 pm  #23

Yup SH182,

I've seen all 4, downloaded and played them so you've done great!

Apple users may have to convert these to whatever god awful format they use to play them but there are programs out there which do just that.

Nice to see you have a problem, find the solution and share it with others - very decent of you!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 7, 2012 6:30 pm  #24

I was looking for a few of the main themes (which I since realized were right in the page of tones someone posted), and a couple of the alerts, which you just posted, so.... thank you!  Sorry for confusion...  the last "problem" I was talking about was a frustration with the capability of my phone.  Despite being a smartphone, I hear about iPhones and such able to do a 30-second long entire 'song' as a ring, instead of a tiny shorter little riff that repeats itself (like the regular 'ring ring' of a phone).  Know what mean?  So every time I try to put my favorite longer themes as a ring, it is "too long" and will only let me use the 12-second abbreviated version I found.  Any phone geeks know if there's a way to tweak that?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 7, 2012 6:52 pm  #25

I dunno... that sounds a bit weird to me... I have an android phone (HTC DESIRE) and all I do is put music on it and select the track to use as a ringtone. If the caller rang my phone for long enough it'd play the whole song. Never heard of a smart phone abbreviating any tracks to accomodate it as a ring tone, that's new to me. I'll ask around.

Last edited by SH182 (December 7, 2012 6:53 pm)

December 7, 2012 7:47 pm  #26

Just something off the topic of ringtones... but on the topic of Sherlock... I have now just this minute sent my accurate measurements and details action plan to my tailor for my Sherlock coat commission. *thumbs up*

December 8, 2012 12:04 am  #27

What about the ring tone on the pink phone? The one in Great Game? The one that Moriarty's kidnap victims call Sherlock up on when they give him the next clue.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 8, 2012 1:27 am  #28

I'll need more annoyance for that.

After the weekend.

Unless SH182 is happy to oblige as they have today.

-m0r

December 8, 2012 3:48 am  #29

SH182 wrote:

I dunno... that sounds a bit weird to me... I have an android phone (HTC DESIRE) and all I do is put music on it and select the track to use as a ringtone. If the caller rang my phone for long enough it'd play the whole song. Never heard of a smart phone abbreviating any tracks to accomodate it as a ring tone, that's new to me. I'll ask around.

Nnnng...  that's what I wish it would do!!  I don't mean my phone abbreviates it... I mean it only lets me use the much shorter abbreviated tones people have uploaded...  the '12-second version' of the theme, instead of the 30-second, saying that the latter is 'too big' to use.  Annoying... and wasn't sure there was a tweak I could download to override that.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 8, 2012 11:20 am  #30

Russell... tell me exactly what phone you have and i'll try look into something... it's very weird coming across a phone that does that though... especially in this day and age.

I've only just seen this message so as for the ringtone ... gimme a second to check it out.

December 8, 2012 12:25 pm  #31

Ok... I THINK this is the one and it's not a bad ringtone. It didn't take long to mock up but I have no idea how it'll sound on people's phones. Do let me know if it needs improving.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o42i1q

December 8, 2012 4:27 pm  #32

Ok... I wasn't very happy with the way it sounded on my phone so I re-did it... here it is. I think you'll agree it's better. Enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3r5wbs

December 9, 2012 4:11 am  #33

SH182 wrote:

Russell... tell me exactly what phone you have and i'll try look into something... it's very weird coming across a phone that does that though... especially in this day and age.

I've only just seen this message so as for the ringtone ... gimme a second to check it out.

Aww.... that's sweet of you!!  Hate to be any trouble though... can google it... and there's plenty of forums for chatting about androids/smartphones... just not slogging through all the results right now...  : PP   Sigh... it's a ZTE Merit... I don't know... maybe since they're not as 'big' as the other companies, they're a little behind in their modern coding?   But... it would still be the same Android system as all the others?  I don't know... but I keep hearing about others not liking the way the OS handles something, so downloading a system/app 'tweak' for it seems pretty common...

December 16, 2012 2:01 pm  #34

I found the actual sms alert tone for John's mobile - it's actually one of the old sony ericsson ones. Anyway, I uploaded it to sendspace if anyone wants it; it should be of a better quality than one taken directly from a dvd/recording/whatever www(dot)sendspace(dot)com/file/jkuih0

December 16, 2012 11:06 pm  #35

Cannot get onto the above post from arisha to edit/comment. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE LINK GIVEN.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 16, 2012 11:27 pm  #36

Russell wrote:

SH182 wrote:

Aww.... that's sweet of you!!  Hate to be any trouble though... can google it... and there's plenty of forums for chatting about androids/smartphones... just not slogging through all the results right now...  : PP   Sigh... it's a ZTE Merit... I don't know... maybe since they're not as 'big' as the other companies, they're a little behind in their modern coding?   But... it would still be the same Android system as all the others?  I don't know... but I keep hearing about others not liking the way the OS handles something, so downloading a system/app 'tweak' for it seems pretty common...

Speaking of this thread again, sorry to bug everyone else, but... SH182?  Hey, I was just wondering if you ever did discover anything behind that weird phone quirk I described, that we were chatting about.  I took a look at a couple sites, but no luck there, and hadn't been able to keep up the the research very thoroughly.  Just thought I'd ask if any suggestions!  : )

December 24, 2012 9:45 pm  #37

Can you put Sherlock ringtones on a "dumb" phone?  I think my phone is an LG GS170.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

February 3, 2014 2:40 pm  #38

I've managed to collect almost all the ringtones played in the series (thanks mostly for this forum BTW) so far except for one. It's Irene's own text alert tone. The first time we see her she's in her car and gets a text (I'm sending you a treat) from Moriarty. Does anyone know where can I find that text tone? I thought it was a very nice and minimalistic ringtone.

Last edited by tykobrian (February 3, 2014 2:41 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

March 28, 2014 1:51 pm  #39

anyone know where i can get free Sherlock ringtomes & themes for Android? x

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

Board footera