BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 2, 2012 11:59 am  #1

Mark Gatiss- The Black Butterfly (radio)

Mark is on BBC Radio 4 extra in The Black Butterfly. All episodes available of I-player for anyone able-enabled to get this. I'm going to listen to it and will post what I think/synopsis here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 2, 2012 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Mark Gatiss- The Black Butterfly (radio)

No need for any IP- hiding for this one, I can get it easily here in Australia:

Here's a link with parts 1 - 5 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/iplayer/?q=black%20butterfly

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 2, 2012 4:41 pm  #3

Well this is written by Mark himself and he reads these stories about a just retired spy. Very enjoyable and certainly made me smile. Set in the early 1950s just after the coronation of Queen Elizabeth ll.

This is a spoof spy story. I particularly liked the names he gave his characters: Lucifer Box (a lucifer is another name for a match), Kingdom Come, Whitby Bay etc. 

Last edited by Davina (December 2, 2012 10:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 7, 2012 11:42 pm  #4

I loved it! It'd make a cool film.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 7, 2012 11:51 pm  #5

It really amused me. Very, very clever spoof/pastiche.

Board footera