BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2012 9:15 pm  #81

Re: London trip 2013

And a travelling lemon. In pieces.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 23, 2012 6:58 am  #82

Yes and you have to understand, it takes a lot for me to enter a church(ha!).
But I was meeting one of my Christian friends there and indeed...nice/convenient place,lovely staff and fine selection of wares. The tap water is free!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 27, 2012 8:18 am  #83

I am so incredibly jealous of you all. I’m a Brit but sadly (or not; depends on your perception) I will be working during that time. The people I work with are very nice and its a lot of good fun... but they would probably take a dim view if I just wandered off mid-sentence to see the sights with you all.

Last time I had to get a hotel In London a year or so ago I stayed at the Barkston Gardens Hotel:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&q=barkston+gardens+hotel&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=barkston+gardens+hotel&cid=0,0,8342099378220489718&ei=YW-0UPvdKYbO0QWfpIGIDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CLABEPwSMAA

It is quite literally a 2 minute walk to Earl’s Court tube station. (I wish they would implement the oyster card system in areas outside London, much less hassle than buying tickets.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 27, 2012 11:09 am  #84

Count me in! I'm happy to give you the Grand Sherlockian Tour if you need a tour guide. I do this a lot. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 27, 2012 11:35 am  #85

This sounds great, boss. Although I can't tell how long I'll be able to stay with you as I'm with my family. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2012 12:43 pm  #86

Hi Boss.  This trip is taking on a life of it's own! Earlier this year I started dreaming about coming over to London in March in combination with a trip my husband would be taking to Spain. I had hoped to go to Spain too and then take a side trip to London.  The Spain thing fell through for me, but I decided to continue the idea of London and meeting  up with Tobe.  We figured out our dates and have coordinated.  I'm arriving Friday morning March 22 until Wednesday March 27.  Staying at the B&B Belgravia. Definitely the main reason to be there is all Sherlock related! I then found out Ivy and a friend will be there that same weekend and now also Susigo.  Crazy, huh! People have their own agendas I'm sure, but I'm easy and will go where the flow takes me - hanging out with Tobe.  I'm sure we'd love to meet up with you.  In my mind I keep picturing those of us who can, meeting on North Gower at some point on Saturday...maybe Sunday.  Of course, if the Sherlock crew happens to be filming anywhere in town - that's where I'll be! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 27, 2012 1:43 pm  #87

I don't get back from Austria until Saturday 23rd.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 27, 2012 4:50 pm  #88

I've forgotten myself, when I said I'm there!
Ok I'm actually in London 7-14 April...is that different to what I originally said?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2012 1:38 am  #89

Wow--this trip sounds fantastic! 

Besides hearing all about the places you see and all the fun you will have had meeting each other F2F, I would love it if there could be (hint, hint, moderators) a separate thread about places to stay in London (and other locales Sherlock films in).  That would make it easy for anyone to find the info when they need it as it woldn't be buried within a thread, like is already happening here.

For a while this past summer, I was planning a trip to London and Wales for next summer but that's no longer going to happen in 2013.  And one of the major reasons is because of the cost of lodging in London for seven days, which is how long I reckoned I'd be there.  Another was that it was hard to figure out what section of the city would be a convenient central location for what I wanted to do. 

So for all the people planning--or just dreaming!--about a trip to London, I think it would be very helpful and appreciated if board members who have direct experience with hotels/hostels/B&Bs could post about their experiences.  Thanks in advance!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 28, 2012 2:50 am  #90

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Wow--this trip sounds fantastic! 

Besides hearing all about the places you see and all the fun you will have had meeting each other F2F, I would love it if there could be (hint, hint, moderators) a separate thread about places to stay in London (and other locales Sherlock films in).  That would make it easy for anyone to find the info when they need it as it woldn't be buried within a thread, like is already happening here.

For a while this past summer, I was planning a trip to London and Wales for next summer but that's no longer going to happen in 2013.  And one of the major reasons is because of the cost of lodging in London for seven days, which is how long I reckoned I'd be there.  Another was that it was hard to figure out what section of the city would be a convenient central location for what I wanted to do. 

So for all the people planning--or just dreaming!--about a trip to London, I think it would be very helpful and appreciated if board members who have direct experience with hotels/hostels/B&Bs could post about their experiences.  Thanks in advance!

I agree! I would like to (in a few years) head to London and a section on that would be very helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 4, 2012 11:08 am  #91

Count me in for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

December 4, 2012 11:50 am  #92

How many people are definite for this now?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 4, 2012 12:03 pm  #93

Count me in if it's not earlier than March 24.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 4, 2012 12:30 pm  #94

Tobe and I have had a small email discussion and thought maybe Saturday March 23 between 4:00 to 5:00 pm in front of Speedy's on North Gower (depending on the weather) for those who can and want to meet up.  Of course, there's a lot of time between now and March to make more definite plans.

December 4, 2012 2:20 pm  #95

Sorry, but in this case I think I won't manage to come as we're going to arrive on that day some time in the afternoon. 

December 4, 2012 2:50 pm  #96

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, but in this case I think I won't manage to come as we're going to arrive on that day some time in the afternoon. 

Not definite, Susi.  Don't worry. We can work on other ideas.  It was just a first suggestion.  More ideas to come for sure.

December 4, 2012 3:26 pm  #97

Nor can I, as I will be travelling back from Austria on the 23rd.

December 7, 2012 5:50 pm  #98

Oh, damn, why would you meet up in March, I'm in the middle of my Abitur preparations then 
But I definitely want to go to London after I'm finished with school and then I can use all your advice and recommendations.. 

If you happen to meet the crew while shooting there - WOW, that would be amazing!

February 28, 2013 7:22 pm  #99

Has anyone of you ever visited the British Music Experience? I'd like to do it, but it could be a time problem. I think you need some time there.

http://www.britishmusicexperience.com/

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 28, 2013 7:30 pm  #100

Ivy wrote:

Has anyone of you ever visited the British Music Experience? I'd like to do it, but it could be a time problem. I think you need some time there.

http://www.britishmusicexperience.com/

Yes, I did. To me, it was unmissable. Of course you will be needing some time, because it's really interesting and there is so much to be done. And the O2 is worth a visit after all.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera