BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2012 8:45 pm  #21

Re: Christmas Design

I think it will looks very nice! I'm really curious on it (can I say it this way?). But, no flying santas and jumping reindeers-these are GOOD keywords... 
The idea with the screencaps of the Christmas-decorated 221b sounds great!

Last edited by pitagor (December 6, 2012 8:46 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 7, 2012 12:37 pm  #22

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

...though of course, there is no such thing as generic holiday-oriented, now is there? 

Sure there is!  Images like stars, trees, snowflakes, old-fashioned village/country scenes, sleighs (without reindeer), candles, gift-wrapped presents, people singing in front of buildings.  What I would not want to see is Nativity scenes, Santa Claus, Rudolf, menorahs, dreidels, and such like.  Looking at this, I guess what I'm saying is: Something that is more wintery than just Christmas, since not all board members are Christian.

Of course not everyone is having Winter at this time of year either, lol!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 7, 2012 2:03 pm  #23

Very nice, enjoy your days at the beach! 
What is the animal in front of Santa?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 7, 2012 2:06 pm  #24

Harriet wrote:

That's a Watson hedgehog, what else? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 5:19 pm  #25

Uh, yes! I would like that 

December 7, 2012 5:59 pm  #26

You could just bung a little javascript in for some snowflakes.

It's very simple to do and could be effective.

Maybe a fireplace logo at the top too.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 7, 2012 10:06 pm  #27

I'll have a play around on the staff forum and get something up within the next week. Looking forward to it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 7, 2012 11:11 pm  #28

Harriet wrote:

That's an echidna, also known as a spiny ant-eater. It's a native of Australia. It's a monotreme, meaning an egg laying mammal (there are only 2 species of monotremes in the world and we have both. The platypus being the other)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 7, 2012 11:23 pm  #29

Who knew that they could surf as well? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 7, 2012 11:26 pm  #30

Oh our wildlife can do many wonderous things.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

December 8, 2012 1:13 am  #31

Tantalus: And you are correct as well, in saying one can't actually have a "generic-Christmas" decoration.   

Kazza: You are so right re what season it is; sorry about that.  Love the picture of Santa and his Aussie menagerie.  Also love the use of your exclamation point.   

SH: Now I'm real curious as to what you are planning.  I'm sure it will be extremely tasteful and appropriate!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 8, 2012 9:38 am  #32

kazza474 wrote:

Oh our wildlife can do many wonderous things.

Indeed, thanks for explaining!  I checked and it looks like these ant eaters are quite wide spread and know how to get along
- now even on a surfboard 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 8, 2012 12:01 pm  #33

Yep; but nothing can impress more than our Drop Bears (just Google that one using its scientific name Thylarctos plummetus for the best data on this creature)  ......but sorry I'm way off topic now.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

December 8, 2012 12:15 pm  #34

Oh my god, kazza. Are they real? They look seriously terrifying!
Do they just like fall from the trees and sink their claws in?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 8, 2012 12:16 pm  #35

They would make a christmas design according to my taste  (back to topic  )

December 8, 2012 12:37 pm  #36

This is corny - but maybe it would be fun to have a fireplace showing a burning log with two stockings hung on the mantle; one saying John and the other Sherlock.  Or maybe a whole row of stockings - Mrs. Hudson, Molly, Greg, etc - the whole gang hanging there.  Maybe even one for "Jim" with a piece of coal sticking out .

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 8, 2012 12:39 pm  #37

...and a stocking index!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 8, 2012 12:47 pm  #38

They must be in alphabetical order!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 10, 2012 4:52 am  #39

I love candycanes.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 10, 2012 6:50 pm  #40

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Would anybody like a Christmas design for the board? A temporary thing over the festive season?

Sure, go for it. String up some colorful twinkly lights and deck the halls a bit, sounds great to me.

Board footera