BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2012 5:58 am  #1

Sherlock ring-tones

Not sure if this counts as Sherlock merchandise but...

I went to the website phonezoo.com and searched for sherlock ringtones for my cell phone. I chose 2 -- the slower opening and closing credits theme for incoming calls, and the quicker version of the theme (Tour of London?) for incoming text messages.  They have quite a list of different Sherlock tones you can get, including a music box version of the theme that really is quite nice. And the best part is...it's all free!

You can also get internal and external wallpapers for your phone as well. My phone is a flip-open model, so I have the door with 221B on it for my external wallpaper, and a picture of a replica of Sherlock's study (not the one from the BBC series unfortunately but still nice) for my internal wallpaper. Again, it's all free.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 15, 2012 9:08 am  #2

Re: Sherlock ring-tones

I have the themes from the BBC Sherlock homepage, but I'm still searching for any shorter sms tone.
Does anyone know if phonezoo works also for old, crappy mobiles in Germany? 
Found my beloved Moriarty there, so would be nice..............

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 20, 2012 8:54 pm  #3

Hi also loved the text message tone that is mostly used in series.
To be specific its the tone that beeps on Watson's mobile for the text "Baker Street. Come at once if convenient SH" when he is standing in front of Mycroft for the first time in Study in pink. Anyone has it. I liked it because it is very minimal. Please specify the link.

December 6, 2012 8:12 pm  #4

I'd like this tone too.. i've tried looking everywhere. If anyone can specify exactly where it's heard clearly in the show I shall try make it myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2012 9:04 pm  #5

Need or want?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 6, 2012 9:07 pm  #6

m0r1arty wrote:

Need or want?

-m0r

This reminds me of one of my pupils. He is almost 3 years old and already knows the difference between "want" and "need". And, clever boy, he always says he "needs" what he "wants". It's so funny to hear him say "I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it" talking about a small car...

By the way, I would love that tone too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

December 6, 2012 9:10 pm  #7

Yes... I want it... and I neeeeed it. I thought it was a default tone on one of their phones but can't be seeing as they use a blackberry and an iphone 4 unless I'm missing something. Thought someone would have put it up as a Sherlock tone by now instead of the stupid moaning one which is amusing but not really good for long term use.

December 6, 2012 9:22 pm  #8

If you ever come across John's message tone that'd be great!

December 6, 2012 9:32 pm  #9

You can get a few good ones here... but not the normal default one I want!

http://www.free-ringtones.cc/ringtones_search.php?page=1&q=sherlock

December 6, 2012 10:09 pm  #10

OMG my Adler one went off at work today, that was pretty embarrassing...

But yes, I'd like John's one too, and Sherlock's ordinary one.

And the ringtone on the pink phone when Moriarty rings them. I know it's just an ordinary ring, but I can't get the actual tone of it right...at least, it doesn't come with the ordinary rings on my Blackberry, maybe I need to download it somewhere. There was someone had it on the train the other day and I was like "aarggh! Moriarty's calling!!"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 6, 2012 10:16 pm  #11

Ooo... Which scene does he call the pink phone in? I'll check that out...

December 6, 2012 10:58 pm  #12

There's quite a few...in the cafe immediately springs to mind...when they first hear about the Connie Prince case.

(Btw, I'm merging this with the other Ringtones topic)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 6, 2012 11:28 pm  #13

Right, right, I'll look into it tomorrow.

I could do with a reminder though as my head is all over the place just now.

Remind me which tones, roughly where they are in each episode (Clearly) and that I need both Apple and mp3 outputs and I'll get straight onto it.

If you an do that, I can provide the tones 

-m0r

December 6, 2012 11:29 pm  #14

The Beegees stayin' alive one?

December 6, 2012 11:31 pm  #15

SH182 wrote:

I've got that one, don't remember now where I found it... I'll try to post it here if I can find it again (or maybe I could send it to you, I don't think it's very heavy)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

December 6, 2012 11:35 pm  #16

List them all, have  Davina annoy me via PM and give me a couple of hours and they'll all be here for you.

If you could give an indication of roughly which episode and at what point in each the one is heard (Clearly) I can make it up for you no problem.

With the 'Stayin' alive' one I reckon I'll just take the Bee-Gee's version directly. It won't sound the same as on the show because they've added atmospherics to it but in real life, under the correct conditions, it would sound the same.

I would like to point out that you should all contact the correct copyright owners and pay them for its use in advance of actually using them*

-m0r

*That's my back covered!

December 6, 2012 11:38 pm  #17

That's the right one i'm thinking of yeah? When Moriarty calls? I'm not thinking of a different one am i? I have Stayin' Alive... also I have just sorted out a ringtone that might be the same as the standard message tone they get.... I believe it is an old sony ericsson K range default message tone. It's almost exactly right... i'll look for a download coz I dunno how to upload anything here.

December 7, 2012 5:49 am  #18

Irene Adler wrote:

SH182 wrote:

I've got that one, don't remember now where I found it... I'll try to post it here if I can find it again (or maybe I could send it to you, I don't think it's very heavy)

I asked for that in the older/other ringtone thread, too!  Not sure anyone saw...   But yeah, kept getting a slew of too many results, most of which the actual long song, instead of a briefer tone version my phone can handle, or .exe files my Mac can't read.    And Sherlockology was so nice in putting up a few of the main tones, but can't get that to download for me either, to get the main theme song.  Would anyone mind sharing either with a fellow goof?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 7, 2012 7:22 am  #19

Alright, my bad, sorry!  Checked out one of the downloading links someone posted and lo and behold, those worked fine for.  Now just for Stayin' Alive.....  and... ah... wanting to kill my phone again.  p  Sigh....  it's a modern smartphone... why can it only handle the 12-second short version of title theme I found, instead of the entire 30-second versions??? (repeating a short riff rather than playing one long song for the duration of the ring).   Hate to ask, but, uh... is there an app or tweak to get around that?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 7, 2012 11:16 am  #20

Right now... what is it that you actually require Russell? I'm confused reading your message... You said you managed to get one... what did you get Do you still need stayin' alive? And in what form?

On another note I have....

1. Adler moaning text tone.
2. Stayin' Alive ringtone.
3. The iPhone default tone used by Sherlock in Study in Pink.
4. The regular default text tone i've been looking for! (as heard in the first meeting scene between Mycroft and John and during the shoe inspection scene in The Great Game) .

If I can upload them somehow I can share them.

Board footera