BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2012 5:17 pm  #21

Re: ABSOLUTE Favourite Picture From Series

Exactly that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2012 7:51 pm  #22

well... it's more the scene than the picture. And the sound Jim makes when Sherlock pushes him over the edge, nearly. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 16, 2012 8:00 pm  #23

I love Sherlock "calling" the police. And the all-in-black outfit. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2012 10:44 pm  #24

I think this is one of my absolute favourites (impossible to have only one)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 16, 2012 10:45 pm  #25

Our 1st view...it will always be special.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 30, 2012 7:37 pm  #26

Hmm...  I don't know, but I always get such a grin out of this scene/shot/look. 

Like others said, sometimes it's the expressive unspoken moments that are so awesome!  And the "problem" with this show, is that not only is it really good, but part of that is how darn well they design/compose the feel of so many shots in it... having a good eye with that in your show really adds to the quality of it... you think?  TRF in particular I saved so many stills from because they were just so artistically well shot...  surely I'm not the only one who geeks about that?  ; )))   Such as the contrasting framing of our favorite rivals:

Ok, I'll quit there for now to avoid spamming too much in one post.  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 1, 2012 1:25 pm  #27

Russell wrote:

That picture XD

I saw the picture before I saw the episode and with no context I thought they were in the restroom XD

December 1, 2012 3:04 pm  #28

Thank you for planting that image in my imagination! 

December 1, 2012 6:00 pm  #29

Russell wrote:

Like others said, sometimes it's the expressive unspoken moments that are so awesome!  And the "problem" with this show, is that not only is it really good, but part of that is how darn well they design/compose the feel of so many shots in it... having a good eye with that in your show really adds to the quality of it... you think?  TRF in particular I saved so many stills from because they were just so artistically well shot...  surely I'm not the only one who geeks about that?  ; )))   Such as the contrasting framing of our favorite rivals:

I couldn't agree more. Their shots are set up so beautifully, that you really appreciate that aspect of the show. And, it really does enhance the overall quality of the show. This picture demonstrates that perfectly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 2, 2012 2:32 am  #30

harleyq wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Their shots are set up so beautifully, that you really appreciate that aspect of the show. And, it really does enhance the overall quality of the show. This picture demonstrates that perfectly. 

Yes, exactly!  Thank you!!  ;D   I mean, it's easy to be a fan of this wonderfully-done show, but just also get a kick out of others also appreciating (and noticing) the high standards with their editing/composing of shots, lighting, 'text' effects, music, etc... awesome, huh?
I mean, there's just so many...  the mood/lighting and angles of when John first meets Mycroft... and Sherlock on the couch when he gets back.  The entire pool scene.  The follow-up from the pool scene when the boys are going through different client meetings and how the camera shifts between them, and John blogging.  The scene at the palace.. (!)  ; D
And then my favorite, TRF in particular just stood out to me with so many shots adding depth to an already weighty story.  The way Sherlock and John are sometimes shown together, either dramatically, or cutely amusing contrast of each other...

Plus Sherlock in shadow, opening the door to the missing boy's room.  Moriarty's entire break-in scene.  And close-ups during tea with Sherlock.  The whole rooftop scene.  The graveyard.  Heck, they even thought of the way we see him portrayed in the courtroom:

Love it.   Any other favorite shots to add? (since I've spammed enough?)  ; )))

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 2, 2012 8:25 pm  #31

Russell wrote:

Okay, slightly off topic, but I never realized how many pictures she had hanging on the wall. I mean, they practically cover ever square inch. Granted, the wallpaper is horrific and should be covered, but wow that's a lot. She'd need a ladder for the higher ones and... never mind. 

Last edited by harleyq (December 3, 2012 2:58 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 2, 2012 8:26 pm  #32

At one time I tried looking at them for clues, relevance etc!

December 3, 2012 1:47 am  #33

Hee... yeah- interesting, noticeable design.... but she is a journalist, so not a leap for her to have all the places up that's she's been (or wants to go) for a story or pleasure.  Much like Sherlock finding it a much better use of space to fill it with books or equipment.  : )

December 3, 2012 9:50 am  #34

December 3, 2012 4:43 pm  #35

Absolutely love this scene.

December 3, 2012 4:48 pm  #36

It tells so much about the friendship. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2012 5:23 pm  #37

Oh that scene! ^^
Then... wait... Sherlock is a criminal after all! He STOLE it! o.o (Mori-OMG-Face)
just kiddin! ^^
But who would have the Idea to steal a what's it called... ash tray? from the there?
I also wonder whether it found it's place in lovely 221b and wether it was ever used... ?

December 3, 2012 5:24 pm  #38

harleyq wrote:

Russell wrote:

Okay, slightly off topic, but I never realized how many pictures she had hanging on the wall. I mean, they practically cover ever square inch. Granted, the wallpaper is horrific and should be covered, but wow that's a lot. She'd need a ladder for the higher ones and... never mind. 

I don't think she needed a ladder... she could simply repel them up there like a magnet  ;) ^^

December 7, 2012 9:41 am  #39

I don't remember which episode this pic is from, but I found it today from BBC's India page on Facebook today.. just made it my cover on FB and thought of sharing it here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

December 7, 2012 12:24 pm  #40

Lovely, monitaa 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera