BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2012 8:57 pm  #81

Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

That's very nice, Ivy. So he likes German silent movies. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2012 9:27 pm  #82

Well I don't know, but he likes horror films and makes a documentation about them and Nosferatu was the first one, although I wouldn't call it horror when you compare it to horror films these days
But the "Caligari" post he definitely was inspired by the film museum. I've visited it two times, really informative. Would have been better to see Mark Gatiss there 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 16, 2012 9:45 pm  #83

I've been there, too. And I've seen the film years ago, it's really a masterpiece. All the sets are expressionist and distorted, it's quite a disturbing film.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 17, 2012 9:35 am  #84

Hm, Spass is a noun and should be upper case - very typical mistake for native English speakers.

October 17, 2012 11:23 am  #85

*spelling lesson mode on*
Well actually it is written Spaß, because it has a long "a", but since non-German people don't have this letter on their keyboard it's O.K.
(Unless you are Austrian, than double "s" is O.K.)
*spelling lesson mode off*

----------

November 8, 2012 12:28 pm  #86

Now I know who that people are I see on the streets here in Berlin. It never occurred to me! 

----------

November 8, 2012 3:17 pm  #87

Not only in Berlin. In my town there are quite a lot of people looking bewildered and wearing slightly strange clothing. Happy to know what all this is about. 

November 8, 2012 3:44 pm  #88

Somehow it warms my heart to know that Mark Gatiss would have a conversation like this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 4, 2012 12:31 pm  #89

Not a tweet but still funny

Listening to Steven Moffat talk about Sherlock on the radio:

Interviewer: Are you going to be able to keep your actors after season 3? They’re both quite big stars in The Hobbit..
    SM: Yes, but we have their families locked in the cellar.

December 4, 2012 1:35 pm  #90

*LOL*

----------

December 4, 2012 3:22 pm  #91

Not got snipers watching them then?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 9:59 pm  #92

Ivy wrote:

Now I know who that people are I see on the streets here in Berlin. It never occurred to me! 

I love this! He's clearly very observant! He sees AND observes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 6, 2012 1:35 pm  #93

December 6, 2012 1:54 pm  #94

Oh, that's sweet. 

December 6, 2012 2:18 pm  #95

Everyone is so proud of him!

December 6, 2012 4:47 pm  #96

And someone else is proud:

Paul McGuigan @paul_mcguigan
Very proud of my boys... #StarTrekIntoDarkness #Hobbit

December 6, 2012 6:01 pm  #97

Aren't we proud of our boys, too?     

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2012 6:04 pm  #98

Bursting with pride. 

December 6, 2012 6:24 pm  #99

We need a proud-smiley! 

----------

December 6, 2012 6:34 pm  #100

Ivy wrote:

We need a proud-smiley! 

Excellent idea. And I'd like a jumping one, too.

Board footera