BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2012 10:14 am  #81

Re: Star Trek

Somehow I get the impression that in this case not the Enterprise crew but the good-old fashioned villain is the big star. He's on the poster, his voice is in the trailer … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2012 10:17 am  #82

A CWC? movie 

(CrewWhatCrew?)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 6, 2012 10:19 am  #83

Exactly.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2012 10:23 am  #84

Not the Startrek I used to know and love     

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 6, 2012 10:34 am  #85

Harriet wrote:

Not the Startrek I used to know and love     

But it started to turn into something different the moment they decided to cast the young crew. In the older films and the series Spock will forever be my favourite. Wonder why? 

December 6, 2012 10:38 am  #86

Spock? The tall and lean one with the dark curls? 

December 6, 2012 10:44 am  #87

The tall and lean one without curls but with ears instead. 

Just heard his voice in the German trailer. Bad choice. I think it's not the Sherlock voice and I don't like it at all. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 6, 2012 10:49 am)

December 6, 2012 11:25 am  #88

Harriet wrote:

The tall and lean one with the dark curls?

lol, I love my Sherlock fandom - you guys are mad!

December 6, 2012 11:40 am  #89

Sherly wrote:

aaaaahhhh

He's absolutely stunning in the first gif and his voice.....God!   I watched the trailer from the tv and I though I was goint to melt right there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

December 6, 2012 1:33 pm  #90

December 6, 2012 2:24 pm  #91

Argh came to post this cause I found it on Tumblr. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG total fangirling right here. I can't WAIT. He's gonna be fucking fantastically awesome and it's going to be awesome and it'll be Loki all over again where we all love the villain instead of the hero!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 6, 2012 2:35 pm  #92

Well, most of the time i love the villian more than the hero. I like the bad guys 

December 6, 2012 2:52 pm  #93

At least I like THIS bad guy. 

December 6, 2012 3:24 pm  #94

There's a little bit extra at the end of this trailer.

'I have been - and always shall be - your friend' type moment by the looks of it.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 6, 2012 4:58 pm  #95

I just about screeched when I saw the trailer this morning.  It is beyond amazing.  I cannot wait to see the film.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 6, 2012 5:00 pm  #96

The trailer is just brilliant and Benedict looks fantastic!
Somehow it reminds me of the Opening the BBC coverage of the 2012 Olympics - with Benedict's voice over:
"Let the Games commence!" = "So, shall we begin?" (= "The Game, Mrs Hudson, is on!").

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2012 5:37 pm  #97

Thanks for the hint via PM, Susi. At the moment I'd otherwise miss everything.
I've never been a real fan of Star Trek but I think I will watch in cinema this time. And hubby will be so happy. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2012 5:49 pm  #98

My pleasure. So it will be a great cinematic experience for both of you, only for different reasons. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 6, 2012 5:50 pm)

December 6, 2012 5:58 pm  #99

Happens more and more often these days; will be the same with the Hobbit. Nobody really cares for reasons

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2012 6:17 pm  #100

Wow, that trailer is amazing! Benedict and his voice!!    My excitement knows no bounds! One more joyous thing to count the days for. Though, I do have to admit that trailers for films like this are all starting to look and sound a little too much like the ones Nolan did for Batman/Inception. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, and I know you're limited with a trailer, but it would be nice to see a little creativity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera