BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2012 11:31 am  #1

Thrilling Railway Stories

All this week Benedict, of the voice, is reading Thrilling Railway Stories on BBC Radio 4 extra. They are detective stories, which is something of a coincidence, or perhaps not? 1.30pm. Or you can hear them on iplayer. Sorry for anyone who cannot get BBC or iplayer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 23, 2012 4:00 pm  #2

Re: Thrilling Railway Stories

Cool - sounds perfect for Benedict.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 23, 2012 4:01 pm  #3

By the way, for anyone who can't get iPlayer I'll check out where you might be able to get them afterwards...

February 23, 2012 4:53 pm  #4

The correct title is- Thrilling Stories of the Railways. You can blame me for the transposition of the words earlier.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 4:55 pm  #5

I enjoy the CD, but funny to hear Benedict as Watson and it's the Le strayed thing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2012 6:12 pm  #6

Hurrah! These stories are once again on BBC Radio 4 extra and on BBC I-player. The first 'The Affair of the German Dispatch Box' is already on I-player. 

December 5, 2012 9:47 pm  #7

I downloaded them to listen to on my iPod...they are SOOOOO good! And really, all the different voices he does are quite amazing, he actually sounds NOTHING LIKE BENEDICT, which just goes to show what an incredible actor he is!

My favourite is the first one where there's an assassin and Holmes hides out in the basement.

December 5, 2016 11:29 am  #8

These stories are up on iplayer again
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fwcpc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera