BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2012 8:14 pm  #161

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

I really don't know. I think it's a bit strange to invite just him to Japan six months before the release of the film. But maybe they're all totally Sherlocked and just needed an excuse to have him over. Can't blame them for this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 4, 2012 3:06 am  #162

I thought he was in Japan for The Hobbit, since they just had the premiere there. I know it's early for his bit, but I heard there were some actors there from the second installment, so I figured he might have gone to be there as part of the whole Hobbit crew. But, I could be wrong.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 4, 2012 7:02 am  #163

Yeah it's Star Trek promo. Some more photos from today

Last edited by Wholocked (December 4, 2012 7:02 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 4, 2012 12:31 pm  #164

SusiGo wrote:

It's some Star Trek promo. Don't know if it's only him or if there are other actors as well.

I think it's just Benedict, Chris Pine and JJ Abrams, maybe one of the producers. Abrams did the same before the release of the first Star Trek. For months he was promoting the film in quite a lot of Countries. I guess now they're presenting the trailer or the first 9 minutes that will be aired with The hobbit.

Last edited by tiharoa (January 13, 2013 4:03 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

December 4, 2012 4:36 pm  #165

Yay for the boys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 4, 2012 5:08 pm  #166

Wow, I say kudos to JJ Abrams for starting promo so soon. He's definitely not laying down on the job. And pretty pictures for us to enjoy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 4, 2012 5:17 pm  #167

When did Chris get so tall?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2012 2:02 am  #168

Technically, I may be that Benedict is actually not as tall as you think?

December 5, 2012 2:43 am  #169

The height thing might also be the angle the photo was taken at. I think Chris and Ben are about the same height.

December 5, 2012 6:46 am  #170

harleyq - you're right cause here Benedict looks taller.

EDIT -

Same height

Last edited by Sam (December 5, 2012 6:50 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

December 5, 2012 6:53 am  #171

All gorgeous!

December 5, 2012 7:59 am  #172

Check out this video. He'll be a great parent one day! He even disciplines his fans

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 5, 2012 4:47 pm  #173

I read an eyewitness account of this and was glad I did.
It then made more sense.
The video on it's own seems a tad harsh to me.

December 5, 2012 7:42 pm  #174

besleybean wrote:

It then made more sense.

What was the story behind it? (Although I already sort of understand why from the video.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 5, 2012 7:44 pm  #175

Well we're not sure the guy in question was a pro autograph hunter rather than a fan, he apparently had shoved his way to the front and was very persistent.

December 5, 2012 7:50 pm  #176

besleybean wrote:

Well we're not sure the guy in question was a pro autograph hunter rather than a fan, he apparently had shoved his way to the front and was very persistent.

Ah I see. So genuine fans getting practially rugby tackled by an autograph hunter... Yeah, I'd say 'no' to him too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 6, 2012 6:26 pm  #177

Seriously, no need for anyone to get hurt.

Last edited by MaggieM (December 8, 2012 5:37 pm)

December 6, 2012 8:12 pm  #178

besleybean wrote:

It then made more sense.

Is there a link you could share?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2012 8:34 pm  #179

I actually thought it was on here somewhere...may take me a while, but if I can find it I'll post it at some point.

December 7, 2012 8:03 am  #180

Board footera