BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2012 7:06 am  #41

Re: Star Trek

Thanks for the information, Sam. Would love to see Benedict in the trailer. When does Star Trek open in the US?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2012 5:48 pm  #42

From what I've read, as of right now, Star Trek is scheduled to be released May 17, 2013 in the US.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 16, 2012 6:00 pm  #43

And in Germany it well be released on 16 May. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 29, 2012 9:19 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 9:15 pm  #44

I cannot wait for this to come out. :D Cumberbatch, Quinto, and Star Trek. Perhaps it's for the best that Tom Hiddleston isn't also involved. I don't think I could handle it. XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"

November 29, 2012 10:09 pm  #45

That really would be TOO much gorgeous!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2012 11:19 pm  #46

Those few scenes in War Horse were bad (breathtaking) enough!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"

November 29, 2012 11:22 pm  #47

Yes, 2 hot guys and horses...could we have asked for any more?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2012 11:58 pm  #48

Well, Star Trek 2 is coming out, so we can and we did. XD

December 1, 2012 2:13 pm  #49

Article regarding the ever-increasing rumours of exactly WHO Ben will be playing:

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS SYNOPSIS REVEALS BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS GARTH OF IZAR?!

"J.J. Abrams is having us play guessing games when it comes to Benedict Cumberbatch's character of the villain in Star Trek Into Darkness.

First it was said that Khan was the villain of the movie and then it was "leaked" that Cumberbatch will be playing the all-powerful Gary Mitchell.

Now with the new synopsis (below) revealed by Paramount, it could be any of the above two -- or possibly a third?

How about the mad Star Fleet Captain, Garth of Izar?........"

(Due to copyright etc, please click the link to read the full article)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 1, 2012 3:02 pm  #50

Interesting speculation; thanks for the link, Kazza.

Re the synopsis at the end...  I'm wondering, was that supposed to be an official description of the movie, or was it also speculation?  Because it is very similar to the basic plot of Star Trek: Enterprise, in my opinion.  And if it is an official synopsis, since the first J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie was so close in plot to a Voyager two-part episode, I will be very disappointed if this movie is also so derivative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 1, 2012 8:33 pm  #51

It seems to be Gary Mitchell to me but I guess we can't be 100% sure yet. Can't wait for the trailer when I go see The Hobbit!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

December 1, 2012 10:50 pm  #52

Watched the original series Gary Mitchell episode earlier this week. A good character to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 2, 2012 8:06 am  #53

Thanks for the link, Kaza, I'll use it instantly for my Trek group on facebook! 

I've favoured the idea of Gary Mitchell so far, but now I've got to give Garth a second thought...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 3, 2012 9:03 am  #54

Now look who's on the film poster: 

source: Sherlockology.com

December 3, 2012 4:23 pm  #55

This one may actually require a trip to the theater. 

This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 3, 2012 4:39 pm  #56

Oh. God. Yes.

December 3, 2012 5:07 pm  #57

Can't wait.

December 3, 2012 7:45 pm  #58

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Yes!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

December 3, 2012 8:55 pm  #59

It will be stupendous!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 4, 2012 6:01 pm  #60

Bigger image:

That looks like the 'Gerkin' over on the right too.

So Sherlock survives by being 'beamed up'?

Also: Allo' peeps!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera