BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2012 6:57 pm  #1

Benedict hosts "Have I Got News For You"

Don't know if all of you will have heard of this show, but it's basically a current affairs/political late night panel show. Every week it's hosted by a different celebrity/famous person, and it has two teams of other well known people competing to see who knows the most about what's been in the news that week. It's a good show, and really funny if you watch the news and keep up with things because they put a slant on everything and make it comic.

Anyway, it was quite a while ago now so the news is all out of date, but c'mon, I know you're only watching it for one thing...

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v3ontg9Zu4
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpoRT4PW428&feature=related

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 20, 2012 7:21 pm  #2

Re: Benedict hosts "Have I Got News For You"

Yes, I've been watching and recording the show on Saturday - really funny indeed! And Benedict makes a very good figure as a TV host.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 20, 2012 8:04 pm  #3

I must say it made my Saturday night )

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 20, 2012 10:42 pm  #4

Really funny! :D And the show just gets better because of Benedict 

it's almost exact the same as a show we have here in norway called" Nytt på Nytt".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

June 29, 2012 7:55 am  #5

I watched this show about 2 months ago for the 1st time because of Ben and I watch other series since that time, it's awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

September 20, 2012 8:35 pm  #6

Eeekkk! BBC1 have a change of programming tonight and have put the edition of Have I Got News For You on that Benedict chaired back in 2010. Oh my god! I feel all fan girly! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 10:41 pm  #7

He's so precious!  Just got stuck staring at that face... yum!

September 21, 2012 8:35 pm  #8

I'm just seeing this now. Funny! Thanks.

If you like it, you would probably also like Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me... on NPR. Speaking of Wait, Wait and funny Brits, Simon Amstell was on the program not that long ago. He was hilarious.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=35&prgDate=7-28-2012

November 4, 2012 4:31 pm  #9

I love this, it's very funny. He doesn't do enough of this kind of snarky humor and he's so good at it. I love all his dramas and he's brilliant in them, but I would love to see him in a comedy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 4, 2012 4:35 pm  #10

That's you, me and Andrew Scott at least then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2012 9:19 pm  #11

Absolutely fabulous! Benedict did such a great job. However, the Brian Blessed episode of HIGNFY still remains a firm favourite. XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"

February 19, 2014 1:37 pm  #12

Ohh! So long since this was last discussed. I just caught up with this and Benedict is hilarious in this! Reminds me what good comedic timing he has. It's no longer on YT but Vimeo has it.

Part one: vimeo.com/58296976
Part two: vimeo.com/58469905

February 19, 2014 7:14 pm  #13

Thank you for posting this  I have been trying to find it for ages, ever since I saw 'damn fine Shang' on one of his funniest moments you tube vids.  One more Benedict master piece ticked off the list 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 22, 2014 2:00 am  #14

I've rewatched it again and again and it just gets funnier everytime! Especially Part 2. 

'Oh are these toilets?' 'Yes, it's someone flushing my credibility down the loo.' 'Well we can't possibly do a round of Terence Rattigan that you just did at The National can we?' '*turns fabulous* oh thank you.'  

Board footera