BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2012 6:20 am  #1

Interview with James Rhodes

I just stumbled across this. James is good friends with Benedict so this makes for a delightful interview.

It's a very different interview from the usual. Some brilliant pics & wonderful music as well.
I love it.
*pats self on the back for finding this one*

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 7:41 am  #2

Re: Interview with James Rhodes

Thanks very much, Kazza, a really wonderful mixture of exchanging personal views, music and photos (love the one from 11.52 onwards).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 22, 2012 12:14 pm  #3

Yes I believe it is one of the most 'intimate' interviews he's done. I can't stop replaying this. Certainly brightens my mood at times.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 12:45 pm  #4

I'm not quite sure about the classical piece they are both so very fond of . I understood something like the Emperor's Suite by Beethoven. Is that right?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 22, 2012 1:10 pm  #5

Emperor's  Concerto. It's proper title is The Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major.

Very tranquil.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 1:46 pm  #6

My word, what a find,kazza. This is a beautiful piece of art in its own right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 22, 2012 5:08 pm  #7

Thank you, Kazza, that's really a wonderful piece of music.

June 22, 2012 8:54 pm  #8

Beethoven is God (for me). And the fifth concert is one of his (multiple) masterpieces. And now I love Ben even more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 22, 2012 11:54 pm  #9

I see this James Rhodes will be playing at the Beethoven Festival in Chicago in September. I am moving there so i will plan on attending.

June 23, 2012 12:00 am  #10

You should Google James, he's brilliant & tries to bring classical music to life for the masses.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 23, 2012 12:18 am  #11

kazza474 wrote:

You should Google James, he's brilliant & tries to bring classical music to life for the masses.

I plan on it, thank you!

November 6, 2012 2:17 pm  #12

Just listening to James' CD "Now Would All Freudians Please Stand Aside". Beautiful. 

November 6, 2012 3:14 pm  #13

you should tweet him that. He'd be happy. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 6, 2012 3:30 pm  #14

Good idea. 

November 27, 2012 7:06 pm  #15

Just had to show this to hubby (keyboarder) because couldn't believe it and didn't trust my ears / eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXa_iycbnQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s

Hubby said James is amazing - and also noticed his well developed hands and forearms - compared to the upper arms. 
I didn't recognize before.

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 27, 2012 7:09 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 27, 2012 7:13 pm  #16

He is totally fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 27, 2012 8:10 pm  #17

I've got his "Live in Brighton" album where in between he talks about the composers and pieces. It's great how he shares his enthusiasm in his own words. And it's funny to see that all his commentaries are labelled "explicit".

November 27, 2012 8:19 pm  #18

Such heart...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera