BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2012 10:15 pm  #41

Re: SCANDAL bedroom scenes

1. Sherlock has an en-suite door from his bedroom to the bathroom.
2. It has frosted glass so he wouldn't be able to see in if John was in there.
3. It probably has a lock on the door too.
4. It is the only bathroom in the flat.
5. In Reichenbach John comes from the bathroom with a towel over his shoulders and his hair wet, walking through the kitchen. There is no way he would have to go into Sherlock's room just to have a shower or use the bathroom. CONCLUSION: There is a second door in the hallway specifically for John to use.

Only explanation of all of the facts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 22, 2012 10:22 pm  #42

More shots of Sherlock's room:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 23, 2012 6:50 am  #43

Well I had hoped folk had already accepted what I'd said on the matter.
But thanks Boss for coming in and reasserting, without sounding as cross and exasperated as me(Really people, pay attention!).
Thanks too for the pix...now if you could just find one of the wardrobe(we really DO need an eye roll emoticon!).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 27, 2012 5:29 am  #44

tobeornot221b wrote:

But where does Sherlock keep his suits? There's no wardrobe in his bedroom, just a chest of drawers for his socks.

Exactly. I was wondering that too. The space defined as "bathroom" in the flat's layout a few posts back could actually be shared between a small bathroom, with a door to the hall, and Sherlock's closet (the thing with the translucent doors). That would make perfect sense to me. After all, we don't have any idea of the actual measure of the length of the hallway, so there's no reason, if the hall is a bit longer than we think, why the "bathroom" space couldn't be divided between bathroom and S's closet.

November 27, 2012 5:35 am  #45

besleybean wrote:

It's the bathroom, there is also another door to it(for John) from the hallway.

It's undoubtedly Sherlock's closet. That door doesn't look like a bathroom door. I think the bathroom door is out in the hall, up behind that closet.

Truth is, none of us knows, eh?  Maybe the writers will be kind to us and show us the rest of the flat next season. I, for one, would like to see John's set-up upstairs.

November 27, 2012 6:49 am  #46

Well I'm willing to be proven wrong, it has happened before!
But as far as I'm concerned, me and the boss are right and we have it sorted.
I remain certain we do see a wardrobe in the bedroom, when Sherlock is spinning around ' drugged'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 27, 2012 11:02 pm  #47

Irrelevant debate much??

Sorry, can't resist the urge to post after reading the last four pages--IMO, it's a closet due to the fact of how awkward it would be if there was a transparent door to the bathroom (which really would be a terrible design), and--although this is more of a canon thing--Sherlock would need a semi-large place to store his disguises.

November 28, 2012 7:19 am  #48

I still think the doubters are wrong and the boss and I are right.  It is THE bathroom of the flat, for all the reasons we have both discussed above and I am not re-stating all the arguments.
On a positive:  next week I am intending viewing SCANDAL again and I will try and spot the wardrobe(which I also remain certain we do see).

November 28, 2012 7:55 am  #49

You're all wrong...

It's where they keep the crew in between filming.

They're in there right now as a matter of fact. They all get fed by posting cheese slices under the door.

But it is a bathroom... Trust Sherlock to nab the bedroom with the en-suite option and make poor John traipse to the bathroom every morning (probably to find Sherlock has used all the hot water.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 28, 2012 7:57 am  #50

This is so.

November 28, 2012 8:25 am  #51

Please can we keep this 'debate' going on longer. It has provided me with hours of hilarious entertainment. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 28, 2012 8:34 am  #52

No offence,  But as has already been pointed out, that is really quite sad! Ha. 

November 28, 2012 11:45 am  #53

besleybean wrote:

No offence,  But as has already been pointed out, that is really quite sad! Ha. 

Only if one doesn't like to laugh 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 28, 2012 11:53 am  #54

I had lots of fun with the discussion.  Maybe we should do this next in the alphabet game: What could be hidden in the room next to Sherlock's bedroom?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 28, 2012 12:03 pm  #55

Gorgeous idea! Keep this in mind! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 28, 2012 4:23 pm  #56

Sorry, I really need to let go!

November 28, 2012 10:36 pm  #57

Hey, just to keep this discussion going longer - I, for one, never said it wasn't a bathroom - I only said that it was weird that a bathroom would have a semi-transparent door as one of the two entrances to it.  But, what the heck, if John doesn't mind, then I don't mind either.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 28, 2012 10:41 pm  #58

A friend of my daughter's went to France and the family with whom she stayed had a curtain instead of a bathroom door. (No offense to our French members, I'm sure it was an exception ). So nothing's impossible. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 12:32 am  #59

SusiGo wrote:

A friend of my daughter's went to France and the family with whom she stayed had a curtain instead of a bathroom door. (No offense to our French members, I'm sure it was an exception ). So nothing's impossible. 

I watch HGTV a lot, and they have tons of "find a new house" shows on-- each half hour show includes a tour of 3 different homes.  I've actually seen bathrooms *in* bedrooms, bathrooms connected to bedrooms but with no door whatsoever between them, and one I saw today had French doors between bedroom and bath with *windows* in them. I mean, really? What nut case designs and builds these things??  Even the guy of the couple was horrified by that last one. "Erm, maybe I'll use the guest bath way more often than this one...."  *smile*

February 2, 2013 9:22 pm  #60

Ok I am rewatching SCANDAL and clearly looking at Sherlock's wardrobe:  dark wood, with a mirrored door...pay attention, people!

Last edited by besleybean (February 2, 2013 9:22 pm)

Board footera