BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2012 6:59 pm  #1

Start of production of series 3 moved?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 26, 2012 7:19 pm  #2

Re: Start of production of series 3 moved?

That's because of that forum-London-meeting in March. They read it and want to wait until all those crazy fangirls are back home again. Obvious.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 26, 2012 7:21 pm  #3

But... Ben is no longer filming Star Trek, am I right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 26, 2012 7:23 pm  #4

Maybe it's because his hair won't be long enough by the beginning of January?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 26, 2012 7:42 pm  #5

Mattlocked, that's completely untrue. They're just waiting for us to arrive so that they can welcome us in 221B. 
Tobe: I think that's absolutely convincing. It must be the hair. Obviously. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2012 8:03 pm  #6

If I just knew earlier. I could have given him all the hair they cut from my head some weeks ago.....

November 26, 2012 8:12 pm  #7

Mattlocked wrote:

If I just knew earlier. I could have given him all the hair they cut from my head some weeks ago.....

I would have love to see that!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2012 9:13 pm  #8

I always assumed that season 3 will be shown in late 2013 (October/November) so that's not really surprising for me. Sue said (I think it was in Edinburgh?) that the plan is to hand over the finished season to the BBC in August, now it will be October I guess.

I hope they start the filming in London, since the whole forum seems to be in London by the end of March.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 26, 2012 9:18 pm  #9

Ivy wrote:

I always assumed that season 3 will be shown in late 2013 (October/November) so that's not really surprising for me. Sue said (I think it was in Edinburgh?) that the plan is to hand over the finished season to the BBC in August, now it will be October I guess.

I hope they start the filming in London, since the whole forum seems to be in London by the end of March.

As I said, they'll wait for our arrival. Guests of honour. 

November 26, 2012 9:25 pm  #10

And now I get to wait even longer because I don't live in England.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 26, 2012 9:25 pm  #11

Wow, this is a total bummer. I don't really understand the deal. Martin finished The Hobbit, though he will be out and about promoting it. And, Ben finished Star Trek ages ago. And, as far as I heard neither was slated to do anything else and production was set to begin in January. So, I don't get this delay, unless something else came up last minute. Still a bummer, as now we'll probably have to wait another year, maybe longer to see it here in the US. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 26, 2012 9:26 pm  #12

And you will be the passing by girls in the next episode.

November 26, 2012 9:38 pm  #13

Just watch out for a group of crazy women of all ages and hair colours doing strange things and having a stupid, but happy grin on their faces. 

November 26, 2012 9:49 pm  #14

Mattlocked wrote:

I could play a genuine German tourist - yeah!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 26, 2012 9:59 pm  #15

tobeornot221b wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I could play a genuine German tourist - yeah!

I could play a perfect Eastender by now 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 26, 2012 10:46 pm  #16

horserider99 wrote:

And now I get to wait even longer because I don't live in England.

Me neither, that's what livestream is for and it definitely will be uploaded somewhere the next day, like usually. Don't worry.

Last edited by Ivy (November 27, 2012 8:26 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 26, 2012 10:50 pm  #17

Oh please - don't even get my hopes up about them filming in London when we're there in March.  I've been joking about it but I would just freak out with excitement if it really, really happened.  I wouldn't care about any other kind of London sight-seeing if the crew was there filming and I could watch.

*Must start losing weight now just in case* 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 26, 2012 11:56 pm  #18

Well yes, apparently they will be filming in March now. You guys are gonna be in London in March?? Did you make a post about it? I'll totally come to any meet up anywhere in the country so definitely count me in for whatever it is you're planning.

As for this latest news, I believe the delay is due to the fact that they now have to reshoot several scenes for the Hobbit and Martin in particular will be needed for the first two months of 2013.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 27, 2012 1:20 am  #19

Silly thought: Maybe everyone is taking a bit of a 'break' before filming? Nothing beats a nice fresh cast/crew (preferable to dark circles, supressed immune systems and jet lag anyway.)

(NB: This is my way of rationalising it so I don't start sobbing uncontrollably into my keyboard. I hate waiting for things, I get really impatient.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 27, 2012 1:45 am  #20

I suppose as long as we in the US can see Series 3 in 2013, I can manage my impatience.  Since I wasn't expecting to see it anytime soon after it was broadcast in the UK anyway.  But if I have to wait until 2014...well, I just don't know what I'll do!    Probably be even more glad this message board exists! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera