BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2012 5:38 pm  #21

Re: SCANDAL bedroom scenes

besleybean wrote:

It's the bathroom, there is also another door to it(for John) from the hallway.

Hmmm...could be awkward if someone forgets to lock the other door! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 21, 2012 5:53 pm  #22

besleybean wrote:

It's the bathroom, there is also another door to it(for John) from the hallway.

Could also be a walk-in closet (like Irene's). It's quite unlikeley to have transparent bathroom doors - at least in a building in the style of 221 Baker Street.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2012 6:04 pm  #23

Ok people.  It is the ONE bathroom in the flat...hence the 2 doors.  Possibly the modern door was added later.  I doubt all other features in the flat are ' original'.  (Where's the rolling eyes emoticon, when you need it!?!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2012 6:28 pm  #24

tobeornot221b wrote:

Could also be a walk-in closet (like Irene's). It's quite unlikeley to have transparent bathroom doors - at least in a building in the style of 221 Baker Street.

Yes, not very practical, is it? With a semi-transparent bathroom door, Sherlock could get an eyeful of something he'd rather not see.  (Hmmm....on the other hand, maybe it is something he'd like to see.....
Oh you naughty girl, KP!  *running down the hallway, smirking*

November 21, 2012 7:14 pm  #25

KP, please keep your Johnlock thoughts to yourself. 

Here we have the floor plan that's already been posted somewhere else. It shows two doors but no connection to the hallway.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 7:15 pm  #26

But we clearly see the white bathroom door from the hallway, during the series...you may even see it in this shot!
EDIT:  sorry, the 1st bedroom pic on this page.

Last edited by besleybean (November 21, 2012 7:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2012 7:24 pm  #27

But if the white thing in the above pic is the bathroom door the one with the light coming through can't belong to the same room. You see John standing in the open bedroom door and the transparent door is to his left which would be in accordance with the plan. I think I'll have to watch this again.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 7:27 pm  #28

There are 2 white doors off the hallway.
Walking from the kitchen:  1st door on left is bathroom door...which John is walking from(wet)in Reichenbach.
2nd white door is at the end of the hallway: this is Sherlock's bedroom door. This is the doorway John stands in.

November 21, 2012 7:35 pm  #29

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. But the thing behind John in the pic above can't be either of these doors and it looks a bit like a curtain.

November 21, 2012 8:04 pm  #30

But it IS Sherlock's bedroom doorway John is standing in.  We also see Sherlock's (glass)bathroom door and we can see the hallway(white) bathroom door, through it!
This really isn't that difficult.
It's all about camera angles and perspective!
Ah, are you talking about the blue stripes?  Hallway wall paper.

Last edited by besleybean (November 21, 2012 8:06 pm)

November 21, 2012 8:11 pm  #31

Ah, I see. Didn't recognise it as wallpaper. Thanks for explaining. 

November 21, 2012 8:34 pm  #32

I always thought that room must be a bathroom.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 21, 2012 8:36 pm  #33

Oh don't start all that again!( )
Blue striped wall paper is hallway.
Sherlock is in his room.
Thro the glass door is the bathroom.;

November 21, 2012 8:37 pm  #34

But where does Sherlock keep his suits? There's no wardrobe in his bedroom, just a chest of drawers for his socks.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2012 8:40 pm  #35

I think we do see a wardrobe at some point...watch SCANDAL again!

November 21, 2012 8:45 pm  #36

If I were John, I'd certainly have something to say about a glass bathroom door leading to my flatmate's bedroom when I signed the lease.  Ok, so he's military and may be used to communal living and bathrooms and all that stuff.....still, I would ask for a shade to be put up with a big OCCUPIED sign on it or something.   

November 21, 2012 8:49 pm  #37

besleybean wrote:

I think we do see a wardrobe at some point...watch SCANDAL again!

Oh, I've watched SCANDAL twice at least, and I'm not that good at observing...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2012 8:50 pm  #38

Well it's like frosted glass and Sherlock would always hear when John was in there(if he was in his room), so keep away and anybody approaching from the hall would find the door locked,.
It's just a problem with Victorian buildings, when bathrooms were not a priority. Plus when the original house was broken into flats, it would be just a landlord trying to get in as many tenants as possible.  E.g.  student accommodation would often only have 1 bathroom.
EDIT:  as for seeing the wardrobe.  It's difficult, because Sherlock is staggering about, but I'm almost certain it comes into shot at some point.

Last edited by besleybean (November 21, 2012 8:51 pm)

November 21, 2012 9:30 pm  #39

They don't need a bathroom - waste of time 
No, the bathroom is upstairs next to John's room 
But it could be the wardrobe where Sherlock in ASiB tries the costumes on. John watches him - from where?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 21, 2012 9:34 pm  #40

Sherlock is trying clothes on in the bedroom.
Why would John come from Sherlock's bathroom in Reichenbach?

That is the ONLY bathroom and it is IS  a bathroom.
Why would Sherlock want a door from his closet into the hallway?

It's obviously a separate door into the bathroom, for John to use.

Last edited by besleybean (November 21, 2012 9:34 pm)

Board footera