BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2012 10:11 am  #21

Re: There's more to the show...

Sherlock, agreed, we will never see Sherlock and John as a gay couple in the show - and, if the makers went down one road instead of another, it would be a take away instead of a plus; the openness would get lost.
I guess, when Martin said 'the gayest show ever', he meant the flavour of the show; it wasn't meant  to be a definite answer to the question, if Sherlock or/and John are gay. Personally I don't care one way or another... it's all fine with me...and in my opinion, that's what the makers of the show intended.

April 12, 2012 10:13 am  #22

Irene, you're jealous, lol!

April 12, 2012 10:19 am  #23

But seriously, the concept of love without sexuality necessarily being involved works for me.

April 12, 2012 10:22 am  #24

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I don't agree with adorable Martin. I don't think it's the gayest show ever... why? Because those are two men that love each other in a non sexual way? Then I must be the gayest woman ever... I love my female friends to death, though I would never have sex with any of them.

I hope it never happens in the show, really. As I said, it wouldn't work for me. But neither would work Sherlock with Molly or even Sherlock with Irene.

Agreed, we have to remember Freeman isn't quite from the same class as say, Benedict. He's more of a 'working class hero' really & as such in that lingo many things can be described as 'gay' without too much sexuality meant by it. Also he is mainly talking about the concept that ACD developed of 2 guys living together.
I don't think we'll be seeing Freeman as a consultant on Gaydar anytime soon, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 12, 2012 10:31 am  #25

sherlocked wrote:

Irene, you're jealous, lol!

Obviously 

More seriously now, I really see Sherlock as a kind of asexual person. It wouldn't work for me any sexual relationship, gay or not. He's just like that. There are people like that in real life, not really interested in sex. People that can develop strong feelings for other people but don't need to have sex with them. That's why I think any sexual relationship Sherlock had wouldn't work for me. But I can see why other people would like it, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 12, 2012 10:40 am  #26

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I don't agree with adorable Martin. I don't think it's the gayest show ever... why? Because those are two men that love each other in a non sexual way? Then I must be the gayest woman ever... I love my female friends to death, though I would never have sex with any of them.

I hope it never happens in the show, really. As I said, it wouldn't work for me. But neither would work Sherlock with Molly or even Sherlock with Irene.

Agreed, we have to remember Freeman isn't quite from the same class as say, Benedict. He's more of a 'working class hero' really & as such in that lingo many things can be described as 'gay' without too much sexuality meant by it. Also he is mainly talking about the concept that ACD developed of 2 guys living together.
I don't think we'll be seeing Freeman as a consultant on Gaydar anytime soon, lol.

Oh right yeah...I maybe should have mentioned that quite often here in England we use the word "gay" in a broader sense of the word and it doesn't neccessarily refer to a direct homosexual relationship. It's kind of difficult to explain.

And yeah, Sherlock is asexual so even if he loved John (which I think he does in his own way), the idea of it going any further wouldn't even occur to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 12, 2012 10:41 am  #27

Irene that's the delightful paradoxon of the show: We got this highly cerebral, asexual Asperger's personality, and yet, MoGiss, by their own admission gave us the 'sexiest Sherlock ever'! All the shipping and slash fiction out there proves, that they are right.

P.S. 'People with Asperger's can learn to read emotions and feel true love. It's like learning a second language for them. It doesn't come naturally, but it can be done'. I quoted this from a comment of someone, who is diagnosed with Asperger's.

Last edited by sherlocked (April 12, 2012 10:41 am)

Board footera